Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back To The Fold..1.33 Sr Nav Activematic Cvt

tiggy

Hi All,

Just got me a 2011 cvt. Had a Yaris 1.0 a few years ago so its good to see how it has "grown up". Very impressed with it so far

One question regards maintenance. I've looked a the servicing book and schedule and it mentions a cvt fluid change every 4 years/40000 miles. The car has done more than that and has a full Toyota history, however I can't tell if that has been done or not. So if there are any felllow Yaris CVT owners out there who have passed the 40k (4th service mark) it would be great to know about your experiences. Was the change done? Cost? Did it make a difference. I guess most owners haven't hit that mark as it has only been out for 3ish years

As I've only just got the car it I don't know how it felt before but everyone seems smooth enough. I read that generally the engine/transmission combo isnt the quietest.

Love the built in touch n go

UK service schedule requires that the CVT fluid level is checked every 4 year/40000 miles but that is it, there is no replacement required.

UK service schedule requires that the CVT fluid level is checked every 4 year/40000 miles but that is it, there is no replacement required.

Thanks!

I was reading that book a little too quickly and missed where Replacements changed to Inspections.

Great news. Had a Honda Jazz CVT and that was very needy in the CVT fluid change department or it would experience the dreaded juddering

:driving:

• 2 weeks later...

If the car has service history from Toyota then the visual check will tell you. When you get car serviced from Toyota they do a check of the car and only then will it tell you it needs to be changed. Also if the liquid is full then they will not change it and advise you to change it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links