Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Questions

Yarisboy

I saw an SR in cheshire oaks about an hour ago, with a 'vitz RS' fron grill, and all the other usual SR specs like the lower suspension, spokey alloys and TTE backbox...TTE spoiler too

The guy also seemed to have silver bits on his dash, i.e. silver vents, and the middle bump of the dash which houses the clocks.

Anyway, I thought it looked and sounded rather spiffing thanks to that little TTE backbox!

Questions -

1) How much could I source one of those TTE backboxes for from the SR?

2) Does the SR come with that silver dash caper and tsport style steering wheel?

3) Ran out of questions to ask, so i'll just say that I might be tempted to add that suspension i've got now cos it looked rather lovely on that 1.3!

any help appreciated, cheers :)

the suspension must have been different, as i have a 13Sr and the standard TTE suspension is toss.

Also, the silver vents and middle bit are NOT standard on a SR, so he must have added it after purchase.

The stearing wheel too is not like the TS. That must have been added.

If you want me to take a shot of inside my SR i will

Cheers

the dude was chinese/japanese - I only got a look at the back of his head, I saw him come into the car park and park up next to me - was not in the yaris though so didn't want to ask him about it...

it looked well, maybe he'd got the -30TTE springs then, it looked low to me, but then i've got a 50metre gap in my arches so anything will look low to me :D

yea sure m8 take a pic of your car inside and out i'd appreciate it :)

I really, really want one of those backboxes now - just the right sound :thumbsup:

so no one has got a TTE backbox for sale? :(

or even know where to source them? :(

cheers cokg, problem with speaking to toyota though is they'll want silly money for it :(

I was hoping someone with an SR might have their old backbox spare or something, i'll keep searching - cheers

sam

sam

the tte backbox is basically a remus exhaust and if you buy that its approx 160 i think?

silver knobs will be froma t-sport

tte springs as std and as far as im concerned they are very good, good pointer on that is they are rebadged Eibach springs

and the steering wheel IS similar to the TS wheel but not exactly, same sort of design

yeah, wheel design is similar, but colour is different.

The prob i have with the SR TTE springs, is the gap.

When i get some more money, ill look into sorting it

:)

oki koki - anyone know the remus equivleant of said backbox? :lol:

thanks for the info guys, much appreciated :)

you might even persuade me to keep the yaris yet instead of going for a mini.... might even go for a tsport :)

There is a sweet looking SR near me too. TTE backbox, tinted windows, TTE spoiler, smoked rear lights.

Also, the Mini Cooper 1.6 is probably a little quicker then T-Sport, officaially 0.2 seconds slower 0-60, but probably has better handling for the twisties.

Cooper S is in a different league :)

i'd be buying a mini one with the proper wheels, and then remapping to 125bhp + a better exhaust - better deal than buying a cooper..

i love the yarii though :(

ok, well if anybody has - or knows anybody with a backbox for sale...

(will the SR backbox fit the 1.0 by the way?)

then please let me know :)

gp for the t-sport sam

every girl and hairdresser has got a mini

ask jerry about the remus box he knows where to get them from

cheers rob, i'll get on to jerry about it if he ever comes online again :(

true that every girl and hairdresser has got a mini, but then everyone over 50 has got a yaris... so it's a lose-lose situation really :D

true that every girl and hairdresser has got a mini, but then everyone over 50 has got a yaris... so it's a lose-lose situation really :D

fair point

but its better than every burberry clad chav scum owning one!

:thumbsup:

yes m8 - neither cars have the burberry bonced brigade behind the wheel, which is a major plus in my opinion...

I want to fit the suspension and just go buy a backbox for the 1.0 today, I was so impressed with that chinese dudes yaris/vitz/SR :D

was racking my brains and i think it was POTN online that did them??

not entirly sure tho

just looked on potn website and remus is not included in their exhausts/backboxes :(

yeah had a look meself, try gettin them on the dog and bone

hi sam

my steering wheel is the same as a t-sport one as standard linea luna 1.0l

the SR springs give a much betta look than standard 1.0l springs i used to have them on mine (ne1 wanna buy em 15-20mm drop)

the dash is easily sprayed was lookin 2day at speedo surround, knobs, dask speaker grilles an maybe vents would only go for silver tho lots of plastic primer hot room thick paint and plenty of laquer,

as regards the mini i looked into as my next car they r great to drive (i learnt in one) but ive not drivien one yet popped in dealers earlier an im on call for when ones in for a test drive, but i really wanna keep my yaris for abit cuz its super quick for a 1.0l gud on fuel an nice drive

sorry if youve fallen asleep now ne more q's drop me a line on MSN

cheers

lee :thumbsup: