Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Linked Roadside Assist

Converted

I'm new to Toyota so maybe something I'm not aware of, can anyone tell me if there is breakdown cover available on Toyota cars for Europe which is linked in to servicing i.e. as long as you have your car serviced by the dealer network then you are covered for breakdown anywhere in Europe ?

A lot of the European manufacturers are offering this and I wondered if this was also the case for Toyota.

I saw the AA discount offer in the offers section here which triggered this question.

In the UK, Toyotas come with 1 year Toyota Roadside Assist, which can be renewed on expiry for £66 per annum by direct debit, £70 per annum by credit/debit card or £6 per month (£72 per annum). See https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/roadside-assistance

I would imagine that the Toyota importer in your country will have something similar to offer.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm just curious why it's not bundled with the service but maybe Toyota and their Customer's prefer to see everything itemised which is fair enough.

In the UK, think only manufacturers like Mercedes Benz offer Roadside Assistance linked to servicing by a Mercedes Benz dealer.

Other manufacturers offer various packages:

Examples -

Hyundai offer 5 years Roadside Assistance as part of their 5 year new car warranty.

Toyota, Kia, Ford, VW,and most other manufacturers offer 1 year Roadside Assistance - although if an owners pays for an extended warranty, that often includes Roadside Assistance as part of the warranty package.

Honda and Mazda offer 3 years Roadside Assistance as part of their 3 year new car warranty.

When the Roadside Assistance expires, owners can take advantage of the manufacturer's Roadside Assistance scheme, which is often cheaper than the AA/RAC, etc - even though the manufacturer's scheme may actually be delivered by the AA, etc. For example Toyota's Roadside Assistance costs as little as £66 per annum - similar cover from the AA may cost up to £155.

New car warranties can also vary in the UK compared to most countries within the EU:

Examples -

Toyota GB offers a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty - Toyota Europe 3 year/100,000km new car warranty

Vauxhall (GM) are continuing with their Lifetime warranty until the end of December - then it will revert to 3 years/60,000 miles

Manufacturers such as Ford, VW, PSA, etc offer a package of a 1 or 2 year factory warranty coupled with either 2 year or 1 year dealer network warranty - totalling 3 years.

Renault currently offer a 4 year/100,000 mile warranty

In the UK, Volvo offer roadside assist as part of the service package. Keep the car serviced in the dealer network and the car is covered for breakdown, including punctures, in western Europe.

I think the standard warranty by law in Europe is two years. After that it's what you negotiate or pay for as part of the deal to extend that up to 5 years for most.

The Toyota warranty we get with the Auris Hybrid is 3 years for the petrol engine and car, 5 years for the Hybrid system. We can extend the warranty bumper to bumper for 5 years for an extra 205€.

Question: Is the bumper to bumper cover for 5 years worth it ? I'm not aware of too many problems with these cars.

Think its a personal choice - some are in favour of extended warranties, others aren't.

Bear in mind that the Block Exemption servicing requirements which allow owners to have their new cars serviced outside of the dealer network and maintain their new car warranty, only applies to the new car warranty period.

Companies offering extended warranties can stipulate where the car is serviced during the extended warranty - ie the Toyota extended warranty can stipulate that servicing during the warranty extension must be carried out by a Toyota dealer(this is the case in the UK).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links