Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Lights

zigman

Does anybody know how to make the front roof lights come on when doors are opened? Also, sometimes the middle light doesn't come on when driver door is opened... Anybody have this problem? Thanks

Hi Martynas the problem may be just a dirty or rusted door switch which are easy to remove and check and clean to complete the circuit for the light.

Del

Thanks del, where exactly is it located? Just behind the doorcard next to the hinge?

Most door switches are to be found in the door opening and are pushed in by the door closing so no need to touch the door panel

Del

Does anybody know how to make the front roof lights come on when doors are opened? Also, sometimes the middle light doesn't come on when driver door is opened... Anybody have this problem? Thanks

I modified mine and works great.

You have to remove front lamp, fit two 1N diodes for each bulb, at their minus terminal, and then connect the wire to central lamp white wire (pin no.2) - delayed minus.

Be careful, there is another white wire at central lamp, pin no.3, this is a permanent minus.

Regarding door switches, every door has their switch situated on its correspondent pillar, under the latch.

Take out that switch and clean it with some WD 40.

Does the unit just unclip? And where did you get the diodes? Do you have a link to the product?

Thanks

Front lamp is caught in 4 plastic pins, so pull the lamp out strongly, with fingers, starting from its edge near windshield.

For central lamp, remove its glass carefully, with a knife, then it has two small plastic covers, after that you have access at lamp captures.

About diodes, they are ordinary 1N type, you can find them at any electronics shop.

Cool, might try that when I have a bit of free time. Roughly how long does the process take?

Did you just cut the wire and connect the end going from the bulb to the white wire using the diode? I'm not very clued up with electrics... Just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I dive in lol

I fitted both diodes backside of front lamp, near each minus bulb terminal, then I connected together other diode terminals and tapped them with a new wire, and with other end of that wire I tapped that white wire of central lamp.

Simple and effective ! :)

Nope, when I work, I work, no time for taking pcs.

Maybe next days I'll draw a diagram for you . ;)

gallery_83611_1654_7833.jpg

Follow these steps:
1. remove front lamp;
2. identify minus terminal for each bulb;
3. connect a diode for each, taking care at polarity;
4. connect a new wire at other ends of diodes;
5. remove central lamp;
6. route the new wire from front lamp to central lamp;
7. connect the new wire to central lamp pin no.2 white wire;
(there is not necessary to disconnect car Battery, you're working with minus - ground)
8. check whether is working or not;
9. put lamps back in their places.
Good luck !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links