Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Setting Windscreen Wiper Park Position

Silverb19

The front wipers recently stopped working on my son in laws 1999 Toyota Corolla. After removing the wiper motor I found that the retaining nut for the wiper mechanism pivot had come off the shaft. I've fitted a new nut but am having problems getting the sweep and parking position set right. The wipers don't sweep far enough and park part way up the windscreen. I followed some instructions which suggested loosening the pivot nut again, turning the wipers on and off and re tighten the nut. Although better, the wipers still park about 1/3 the way up the screen. On a full cycle, the wipers go up about 2/3rds go right down and off the screen at the bottom and then come to rest about 1/3rd of the way up. Does anybody know the correct setting procedure?

Thanks in anticipation.

Remove the wipers from their splined shafts, switch the wipers on and off again, and refit the wipers at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for your reply Alan. I've tried this and they still didn't seem to be right. Is the position of the pivot of the wiper motor significant?

Thanks for your reply Alan. I've tried this and they still didn't seem to be right. Is the position of the pivot of the wiper motor significant?

Probably mate. Take the pivot off at the motor, switch the wipers on and off, then move the wipers to the correct place, then replace the pivot.