Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Rav4 Heated Seats

petershaw7

I just bought a 2005 RAV4 xt5 .. The heated seats work but the passenger one hears the back only and the drivers one hears the bum only .. Is this normal or do I have a problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Any idea what can cause this problem and if so is it simple to do?

Any idea what can cause this problem and if so is it simple to do?

Ive seen a fitting guide for the heated sests but can't find it now :( I sure there is a electrical plug from the carpet into the seat, then a second plug from the seat base to the seat back, check the plugs first then if you have a volt meter ( or a 12v test bulb ) check for 12v power at each electrical plugs.

Just make sure its the heated seat connections & not the seat airbag connections you check!

I wouldn't mind Peters fault as mine are just not working. Got 12v both side of the fuse but no power to the switch which has 7 wires. Only power I get is with the lights on so that will be the feed for the seat indicator led. All other wire apart from 2 have readings to earth so I am assuming the 2 black ones in the center are the feeds.

Anyone out there got the circuit diagram from fuse box to switch?

I wouldn't mind Peters fault as mine are just not working. Got 12v both side of the fuse but no power to the switch which has 7 wires. Only power I get is with the lights on so that will be the feed for the seat indicator led. All other wire apart from 2 have readings to earth so I am assuming the 2 black ones in the center are the feeds.

Anyone out there got the circuit diagram from fuse box to switch?

This is Toyota's pay for website, you would get the wiring info from them.......

http://www.toyota-tech.eu

I didn't like the word 'PAY' because the RAV had to be taken to the garage last month as the only way to stop the alarm sounding the horn was to take the terminal off the Battery. A bill for just over £700 was the fix, 3 hours work, new receiver and 2 new key fobs at £150+vat. It got better when I found the fobs they were giving me back were my own fobs and that took £300+vat off.

It made me think and after another look I found the plonker (oops can you still say that) mechanic had the fuses out and put the seat heater fuse in the empty space. Getting very close to 70 lying on my back with varifocal spec holding a torch and meter I had just checked the 2 15A blue fuses (one at each end) to make sure I had the right one. Now got my bum warm again.

If it help Peter (not sure of any changes 2005-2009/10) I have checked out my seat circuits from the switch to the seat.

12v is applied to a red wire for the pas. seat with blue to the drv. seat. 1 wire + earth feed both pads on the seat.

My driver seat is electric and has multiple connection.

On my pass. seat it goes to a connector underneath front center. There are 3 connectors the yellow on the left I think is the airbag, middle one poss. the bum on seat detector. The wire you want seems to go to the back and the into the seat and I suspect the covers will need to be removed go any further.

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links