Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Warning Light Help!

andy750

HI Guys,

Could you help please, I have a 2007 Avensis which has a 2AD-FTV engine, I have got something caught between the back of the steering wheel and the front of the steering column cover and it won't come out and the airbag warning light has come on because of it.

1. Would I need to remove the steering wheel or could I remove the steering column cover to get access the object that is stuck?

2. If I had to remove the steering wheel would there be a chance that the airbag could deploy, if so, how would you go about preventing this from happening and what tools would I require?

3. Is it a difficult task or would it be better to have it done at a garage, I would much rather do it myself to save money.

Thanks for your help guys!

Andy750

Andy..remove the negative Battery connection and wait 15 mins ,there are 2 screws holding the airbag in place they are the torx type t30 i think, unscrew these and the airbag will detach.when you have the airbag off the might see the offending piece.gl

Hi Exvec, thanks for your help, I managed to fix the problem by removing the steering wheel and airbag, I have then proceeded to remove the Spiral Cable Sub Assembly which was the broken part!! Turns out that the electrical ribbon which is housed inside the assembly had snapped off due to what had got could caught up between the steering wheel and steering column. A new one from Mr T is £267+VAT :mad2: so I decided to get a second hand one from www.Motorhog.co.uk £35 :yahoo: and it works great!!!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links