Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Sure Of This Where It Fits In Range?

stompe

Launched in 2011, the Prius C is a similar size to the Yaris Hybrid sold in Europe. Known as the Aqua in Japan - globally, the second best selling hybrid after the Prius. Sold in Japan, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

It's sold pretty much everywhere other than Europe, where the locally built Yaris HSD is made.

In many markets the Prius is a model name for Toyota hybrid models; Prius, Prius C, Prius V etc. It seems to be quite a popular car in the US and appears to get good fuel economy, though possibly not up with the Prius itself. Personally I like the styling, it's not quite as 'in your face' as the European lineup appears to be going.

ps, if you're reading the article please be aware that US gallons are smaller than ours (3.7 litres to 4.5), so 50+ mpg US is 60 mpg UK. Jeremy Clarkson and others like to quote US mpg's to make hybrids sound less impressive.

Looks to me that they are just about one and the same really. Prefer my Yaris's "nose" to that C's...

Only thing missing on our car IMO is the ability to plug it in to charge it...

The current petrol Yaris will be replaced in the US by the Mazda 2 based Yaris sometime during 2015. Built at Mazda's new Mexican factory. Presumably the US Yaris will also use Mazda running gear, etc.

The sharing is two way, as Mazda use Toyota's hybrid system with the Mazda Sky Activ engine for their Mazda 3 Hybrid.

From the video, looks that should be "G's" which is presumably meant to be a kind of pseudonym for "Geez!"

Actually 'G Sports' - a range of enhancements manufactured by Toyota for some models. Includes bodykits, interiors, wheels, suspension and driveline components.

I know that. Toyota have used the "GS" moniker for years on various models. No, I meant that they are actually shown as "G's" on the sales banners in the video and NOT "GS"...

Yes it is G'S, but it doesn't relate to the trim level 'GS' which Toyota has used in the past on some models.

280px-Toyota_FT-86_Gs1001.JPG

The FT86 G Sports Concept of 2010.

I think you are missing my point... It is a lower case "s" and not upper case which I think means that it bears no relation (in marketing speak anyway) to any form of "GS" that's gone before... I could be barking up the wrong tree of course

I think you are missing my point... It is a lower case "s" and not upper case which I think means that it bears no relation (in marketing speak anyway) to any form of "GS" that's gone before... I could be barking up the wrong tree of course

I didn't imply the term bore any relationship to any previous use of GS, whether in upper or lower case - you mentioned the previous use.

• Like 1