Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Central Locking

Steve77

Hi guys,

First post here and definitely out of my depth so please bear with me if my info isn't up to spec.

My issue as as follows, 08 Yaris which has decided that the front passenger side door wont unlock. Previously this issue seemed to bounce around from boot to rear doors and has now settled on the front passenger side door rendering it useless. As this car has no 'key' as such its all electronic the door cannot be unlocked and using the interior locking button does nothing either however the windows do work so there is current getting to the door ?

To add to the oddity when the central locking is pressed it takes up to 30 seconds for the doors to actually unlock, in this time you can hear the locking system clicking over and over in all the doors(apart from the front passenger) eventually ending with one louder click as all but one doors unlock.

So with research I've seen a few people with similar issues but none where the locking problem has bounced around like this without knowing enough about cars I'm stumped so any help would be greatly appreciated I have a history of fixing electronics and small appliances etc so i feel confident that if the issue is common and solvable i would be able to fit/repair a part if that is possible, not to mention avoiding the cost of a trip to the dealership at Christmas would be a real bonus.

It seems I was slightly wrong in saying the issue had effected other doors it seems to have only effected the one door. Anyone have any ideas ?

Would the fuse effect only one door when all others work via central locking ?

Check the Battery is fully charged. A low voltage would cause the issue you describe. If your Battery is original, it's nearly 7 years old.

A rare but not totally unseen fault, on Pre Facelift MK2 Yaris the door lock mechanism can start to seize eventually resulting in a door lock that will not unlock when required, the fix is a new modified door lock assy' and most of the time a new door trim panel as well, as if the door is locked shut the only access is by forcing/breaking the inner door trim to access and force the lock to open.

• Like 1

That sounds like pretty bad news Devon if that is the case and i can get the panel off is there a way to fix this DIY ? what would i need etc parts and knowledge. I was originally told by a dealership mechanic that the actuator was for the windows not the door lock but it seems after a bit of googling for spares the 'assay' is the same as an actuator ?