Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mtec Brakes

Aidsy1

So have just fitted new Mtec brakes all round with black coating, and i have noticed a strange "rough" feeling coming from the pedal when braking. I'm not sure where it is coming from, whether it is just the pads and discs bedding in, or the paint coming off or something else entirely. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Have you done a bedding in session on them and what disc type did you go for

I have done a bit of driving round with fairly heavy breaking, but not a long session (I'm driving to Walsall tonight so will use that to my advantage) I have done enough for the paint to be taken off the braking area. I got the dimpled and grooved discs

I bought the same it's a little like that and then it stops after a while done about 4000 miles since fitting and they are ok till I lock up now that's when the pedal does that feeling to me

I have the same discs and experience the same feeling, but mostly when brakes are cold.

• Like 1

I combined my mtec discs with black diamond predator pads on the front only and there is a a lot more immediacy to it pedal feedback is better it stops in a shorter difference and the brake dust is practically gone the discs are a little noisy and heavy but overall a lot better

I have mtec pads and discs, and without a doubt you stop quicker. There is a lot more feel to the brakes, but this could be bedding in feel, when I have done a couple of hundred miles I'll know for sure

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links