Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Loss Of Power

carinafellow

hi all.

just thought i would let everyone know about my problem now solved thanks to your forum.

i have a 54 plate t spirit.4D4. after the engine had warmed up i was losing power from about 1000 revs upto 2300. pulling away from a junction was very tricky as the power would die and pick up very slowly quite dangerous!!!

the power would then kick back in at about 2300 revs. looking on here it was suggested that it could be the EGR valve clogged up with carbon, so i checked out a few vids on you tube and decided to give it a go.

the valve wasnt that bad but i gave it a good clean with a foam cleaner from Halfords. i took the stepper motor off the end and made sure the valve was free.

i reassembled and then did a road test, you would not believe the difference !!!!!

its like a completely different car now very punchy through the gears.

hope this helps anybody out there with the same problem. it doesnt throw up any fault codes so the ECU thinks its ok. many thanks to your members.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me John might give mine a clean at some point over the holiday. :D

BTW ?what is this stepper motor you speak of..

Hi Michael.

The stepper motor is the valve actuator bolted to the end of the valve 3 bolts . take it off then you can push the valve up an down with your finger. Helps while you clean it. Regards john

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links