Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Corolla Sportif Speed Sensor

Figueira

Hello everyone,

I've spent the last hour trying to find out how to disassemble my dashboard (I need to replace the light bulbs) only to realize that there is something attached to it that is preventing me from getting the dashboard out.

All the 5 screws are removed, the dashboard is loose but this cable is preventing me from taking it out and replace the bulbs.

post-143359-0-21763300-1419285354_thumb.

I am assuming that this is the speed sensor cable and I need to disconnect it from the gearbox before I can get the dashboard out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It is a 1998 Corolla Sportif with the 4E-FE engine with a lot of miles left in it. Am I right or wrong? If so where is it connected in the gearbox?

I went to Kwik-Fit but they told me that they don't do this kind of service and since I am on holiday I decided to give it a go!

Thank you in advance for any response I might get, the speedometer lights went out a few hours ago and I can't use the car in this condition.

For future reference:

You need to take out the radio console and access the speed sensor cable from there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links