Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do You Think A Prius Plug-In Is Worth After 2 Years

JHRC

I have just had my PIP valued as a trade-in just over 2 years old, for Audi e-tron and then by I buy any car.

Will let you know later when I get some members give feedback.

I'm guessing

WBAC I'm saying £11-£13k

Trade in £14500ish

Parkers - £15,700 -16.600 part exchange with 30,000 miles

Yes you are not far out,

Audi

Nearly New
UP TO
£17,300.00

Average Condition
UP TO
£16,500.00

Below Average Condition
UP TO
£15,650.00

I buy any car

£14,335

Audi offered the £15,650 against a A3 e-tron with add-on total value about £39,000 less £5,000 Gov discount.

The lower figure was because I was waiting until march for delivery.

Do I buy or bite the bullet I have 3rd Jan to decide

what do you think.

very cheapest Plug In on Autotrader is 2012 and £18950

valet the car, describe its provenance accurately, and sell it privately............no brainer......then bargain a decent price from Audi

• Like 1

Concur with barrycoll, we buy AC will always be low, they make money selling your car on. Get it minted up and try privately for a few weeks on Autotrader or the like

Concur with barrycoll, we buy AC will always be low, they make money selling your car on. Get it minted up and try privately for a few weeks on Autotrader or the like

As above, although having used WBAC to shift my last motor (major fault with gearbox on it so wasn't happy selling private and dealer selling PiP made a stupid offer, and I wasn't sure the car would make the 350mile trip to them) I cannot fault them for their customer service and the way they dealt with the transaction. They have a position in the market place, and as long as you're not expecting top dollar, then they're a pleasure to deal with IMO.

Ive sold many cars over the past years (its what I do for a living) and there is a big market. I buy cars from the main dealers, so when you trade in your PIP it will come down the line and thats where I get the cars from. The prices dealers give you is the price the car will be brought by someone for. The prices are bad and I would never ever advise selling to a dealer or webuyanycar unless you have a major mechanical fault which they are aware of. Best thing to do is to sell it on Auto trader, just clean the car and sell it, its that simple but watch out for scammers and tire kickers who waste time.

Thanks for all your comments.

My car has less than 17000 mile and in very good condition with parking sensor front and rear, privicy glass and auto retracting door mirrors, although the sale person did notice a key scratch along the near side of the car ( almost from front to rear of the car), lucky for me that I have a relative in the detailing business who managed to polished it out for me.

With the e-tron being new and just release, audi is not giving any discount, even without a trade-in, but saying that I had the same from a toyota saleman when I bought the Prius, but I still managed some add-on for free.

I suppose time will tell as I am a very hard person to deal with and would walk away if I am not totally satisfied the deal is not right for me, and would travel south for the right deal if I need to.

Thanks again to all comments.

Jim.

I have just had my PIP valued as a trade-in just over 2 years old, for Audi e-tron and then by I buy any car.

Will let you know later when I get some members give feedback.

That Audi e-tron look a very nice car, but have you considered the identical car with a standard petrol engine, s line, cylinder on demand, with an s tronic auto gearbox, about 60 MPG, a quick look at the Audi site and it looks like you could save about £10k, that's a lot of cash saved for running costs?

Very logical Kevin, and by the same logic a slightly second hand A3 would be even more financially efficient..

And JHRC could also have bought a T3 Prius, at a great saving over a PiP..............and now, could even keep the PiP

Independant of the ££££s, I too can identify the desire for a new and exciting bit of kit, and it is just a great pity that it is not a Gen 4 Prius that is attracting JH, as my experiences of the Audi franchise were quite appalling

• Like 1

My vote is to keep the PIP!

Not a bad idea Kevin.....interestingly new 2015 PIPs are discounted by nearly £11k fro drivethedeal.......a new one for £22.4k

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

Just an update from last year, didn't go for the E-Tron and kept the Prius and my Rav4.

This week we started to look at the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and trading-in prices for the 2 cars against a GX4HS model, prices were reasonable, but I tried to get more from them. I had just had the Prius serviced and MOTed as it is now 3 yrs old and the Rav4 is 9yrs old.

A bit of haggling was required and I was prepared to call it a day, on Wednesday the salesman eventualy came up with a better offer, which was agreeable to both of us.

The new car is the 2016 model and the GX4HS has everythink on it as standard that I wanted on the E-Tron with extras.

The price for trading in the Prius was more than I was offered last year against the E-Tron.

The bonus on the Outlander compare to the Prius is the fast charging socket to allow car to be use the facilities at Ikea and motorway services ( 80% charge in 30min ) plus the standard wall charger and the 13 amp plug, and the dealers prepare to take both cars.

The car should be ready in about 2 week time.

Although I like the Prius I hated the split rear window, fuel consumption averaged about 100mpg a month.

Thanks for all your comment last year as this did helped.

Jim.

Hope you stay on the site and give feedback.

Good luck, regards, Pete

PS haven't seen an update from Grumpy Cabbie recently on this Leaf...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links