Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wobbly Acceleration From Cold

Steve7510

Hi everyone,

Please bear with me as this is my first Toyota and new to the forums!

This question may have been asked before!!

I've noticed in the colder weather when using accelerating gently the engine has a bit of a wobble when going up through the revs. I don't know if this is normal or it may be an issue I need to raise with Toyota?

It does seem to disappear when the car has got up to temperature.

Has anyone experienced this at all?

And sorry if this has been asked before!! I'm still getting used to the forum at the moment!!

Haven't come across this being raised before - suggest you raise it with your dealer

Thanks frosty.

It's going in for an ecu recall a week on Friday so I'll speak to them about it! Plus got condensation in the headlights too they can have a look at!!!

Had non turbo petrol cars before and not come across this that's why I thought it would be best to ask the forum first before asking the dealer.

Thanks again :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is an update to my original question. After my car was called in I've now noticed that the wobble or jerking ( very subtle!) has now disappeared!! They said it was called back for a software update on the combination meter, but I think there may have been some other updates too!! Also the acceleration does feel better too. So fair play to Toyota!! No complaints from me. And for my troubles, a cup of coffee and a free wash and vacuum too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links