Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glanza V Help

daihatsukid

i have a 96 glanza v, only mods on it are a dump valve(personally i would take this off so theres less lag but its a friends car and im just the mechanic) a twin pipe backbox,( just for noise really) and a turbo timer, hks hi flow air filter, this is an lsd model with hi/lo boost option which ive found out wasnt on sum of the glanza v's. just got it fully serviced, but previous owner never serviced it so im guessin its bout 120bhp cos it still pulls like its **** is on fire, sadly still limited to 180kph but it reaches that in 4th , just looking for any secrets to getting more power out of it, i spoke to a turbo guru who had a 220bhp gt turbo, told me of an old trick of just removing some small pipe off the turbo and either letting it hang or blocking it with bolt but it allowed turbo to give full boost from idle to redline, anyone ever hear of this before? anyone got any tips for gettin this car to bout 160bhp, the owners budget is dole money(100euro a week) so a remap or boost raise is out of the question unless again anyone knows anything about these motors?

• 2 months later...

I would say to keep it like it is. Limited budget always say to keep it original to maintain costs low. If you want to start upgrading see the options with the microsquirt ecu conversion. After you can start to move up more free because you can make your own maps. Or you can "downgrade" at cost 0 you can remove some hundred kilograms from the car and improve the weight/power ratio. Other thing that you can make is to get a freq generator and "fool" the ecu to not have the limitation to 180 kph. You can get also a 4e-fe gearbox , they are pretty much short and fast (don't forget to check if the lsd of yours is compatibe with the new one, you MUST have an LSD). I have an all motor without LSD and loss of traction is a hard problem. I personally don't like alot of too much power because i hate driving straight :) , loss of traction, car balance and so on. I'm from another doctrine ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links