Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq D4D Uk Import?

S2RYB

Hi all

I know that Toyota didn't import the IQ to England but I understand Ireland (northern or southern?) had some in limited quantities ?

I am interested in importing one as I much prefer a small diesel over a small petrol, has to be RHD though, hence my irish interest.

Has anyone done this or would anyone know where to start?

Northern Ireland is part of the UK and Toyota GB is responsible for vehicle sales in Great Britain and Northern Ireland - they didn't sell the IQ diesel.

Have a look at: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/vehicle-importing/vehicle-importing.asp

Thanks for that. So where was the IQ diesel sold in right hand drive?

It was sold for a short time in Ireland (aka Southern Ireland or Eire). The importer would have been Toyota Ireland - www.toyota.ie

Having done a search for used cars on Toyota.ie, there are only four used IQ's available through their dealers - all 1.0 litre petrols.

I tried the same thing on the Irish Toyota website - Probably only a couple of hundred sold there at a guess, as rare as hens teeth by the looks of it! :(

I presume the IQ diesel was a similar proposition to the Aygo diesel.

In the UK the Aygo was sold for a while with the 1.4 PSA diesel. However, the diesel version wasn't substantially more economical than the 1.0 petrol, was more expensive to buy and fuel in the UK, so was dropped in the UK after two years (April 2007).

Suppose, given the experience with the Aygo, this was the reason behind Toyota GB not selling the IQ diesel. Possibly some of the above was behind Toyota Ireland dropping the diesel IQ - plus, with the fact that the UK wasn't selling the diesel, importing RHD versions just for Ireland may not have been viable

Yeh all hhah makes sense, from my research the IQ diesel only used the Toyota engine though rather than the PSA one! The Toyota diesel being better on fuel, more reliable and more punchy, no cambelt either

Yes the IQ used the Toyota unit - same as in the Yaris, Urban Cruiser and Auris 1.4 D4D

So realistically the chances of getting one into England are next to nothing? :( such a shame as a 1.4 turbo diesel drives so much better than a small petrol !

D4D Yaris??

Why have a heavy lump of a diesel engine in the tiny IQ? If you want something with a bit more oomph, why not drop a 1.6 petrol in there and have some fun. I think a tuned IQ would be interesting :)

The IQ was supposed to be able to accommodate up to a 1.6 engine. The 1.6 Valvematic in the IQ would be interesting with 132bhp.

• Like 1

a (relatively) torquey engine in a small chassis would be lots of fun, I've had access to a 1.4TDi Vw Lupo and that was great as it weighed so little!

• 1 month later...

Having owned a 08 Yaris diesel for the last 6 years an iQ with the same engine would have been a great car and I probably would have bought one years ago. It would have given good fuel economy as well under all driving conditions!

Didn't realise it was ever produced in RHD always thought that was why it never came to the UK?

• 2 years later...

Mod edit: Topic bumping is against the terms and conditions of Toyota Owners Club - bump removed

A torquey diesel in a tiny car would be good fun, does anyone know where I can find an IQ diesel in right hand drive for sale/import to the UK?! 

If it was imported, how much would the road tax be ? I assume the co2 emissions are under 100g... meaning it should also be free?

As regards Vehicle Excise Duty, you would need to consult DVLA to determine the correct VED rate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links