Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Engine Noise When Cold 2004 1Cd-Ftv

avensisd4d786

Interesting. Thank you. Makes no sense to me as I don't see how the particles transfer from the combustion chamber to the engine oil but if others have figured it out then so be it.

hi, i thought the same, whey arent they caught in the oil filter, but the pictures clearly show the strainer blocked, does this mean that thy are somehow small enough to get past the piston rings,if so you would think they would pass through the strainer,unless they are ultra thin flakes ! will have another look at posts and 'copy n paste' just so you know I'm not barking mad !

here's one post on on a forum taking about failure of d4d's,out of warranty but not excessive mileage and full service historys !

if yours is a pre Dec 07 build you don't have the latest injectors. And probably have the bare copper injector seals. While it is far from certain I believe there are two mechanisms to failure. The first is the injectors failing / wearing out. This prevents the injector from atomising the fuel properly and excess fuel can pool on the piston and cause piston failure. If the seals fail the combustion chamber gases leak into the rocker space and cook the oil that is lying up there. This carbonised oil becomes a sticky sludge that can block the oil pump strainer and starve the engine of oil. This means not enough oil for lubrication and cooling. Bearings can fail but so can pistons bind due to lack of cooling oil spray under the pistons

Another

My mates 07 diesel has smoke and rattle due to the seals having let go and bogged up the oil pickup screen. This has then stuffed the rings and the pistons are knocking around in the worn bores. Toyota have told him "too bad". That's after he was told at a prior service that a bit of smoke was nothing to get too concerned about.

Oh of course! That makes perfect sense now - thank you. What doesn't make sense is putting your injectors inside the rocker cover and compromising the lubrication system. Whichever genius thought of that needs a good thumping.

Oil strainers are blocked due to injector seals failing if u remove the oil cap wile the engine is running u will hear the blowback going up past the injectors and with that kina mileage if they have not gone they will soon we'll worth changing them to the modified sliver 1s

Oil strainers are blocked due to injector seals failing if u remove the oil cap wile the engine is running u will hear the blowback going up past the injectors and with that kina mileage if they have not gone they will soon we'll worth changing them to the modified sliver 1s

are these supposed to be a sevice item changed at certain intervals???and if so does it mean the're not being done by garages and thus the increasing problem with engine failures of one sort or another ???

It's no a service item but the seals have been modified by Toyota and if fitted corecrly u sud have no more problems with them

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links