Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Tyre Noise Or Something Else

klmeb4

Just got the Avensis T4 2005 and the road noise (if it is That) IS
LOUD. Can anyone tell me if this is nornmal as the gargae who I bought
it from said that its your Tyres that why its so loud inside the car.

Can someone help

Yes the tyre noise is notorious. Worse on 17" wheels. Also depends on make of tyres and road surface. New tyres are always less noisy but soon get worse with not that much wear (10K miles). You will get lots of suggestions about which tyres are best, I use Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 215/45 R17 91Y XL with rim protection (MFS) from mytyres.co.uk, look for the ones with lowest dB rating, note 3dB difference is double; its a logarithmic scale. These Dunlops are wearing much faster than my previous Michelins however, so probably back to Michelin next time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, it that the same with all Avensis or just the T4?

would it be worth changing the wheel to a 16"

or will just have to live with it !!!

Regards

Keith

Basically all the models of that generation (known as T25) are the same. Later face-lifted models after 2005 have better sound insulation in the wheel arches. Yes you can switch to 16" wheels and it will be quieter and softer ride, also the tyres are a lot less expensive. But you must notify your insurer.

With the original 16" rims on summer tires i find the noise level "normal" for a japanese car. But with the studded winter tires on 16" i find the noise level very high actually. I have a Subaru Legacy 2004 model and it's very quiet in comparison with studded tires.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links