Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Jerkyness When Cold.

mikey-t

Hey all. I own a 58 plate T25 petrol with 50000 miles. I have a small issue that's occurred now the cold snap is here. For the first 5 to 10 minutes until the car is up to operating temp the acceleration is quite jerky, (perfect when warmed up.) Is this a normal trait of the T25? Or has anyone else hadthe problem and cured it? Thanks.

Mine has racey and uneven idle revs for the first few minutes at this time of year. I suspect it's due to a coolant temperature sensor. I've no plans to investigate further as the problem hasn't worsened in the last three years.

• 10 months later...

Apologies for bringing this up again guys but this seems to be getting worse. I'm really struggling drive the car smoothly in traffic now. If I'm in traffic say in second if I come off the accelerator or just blip it a smidge the car kangaroos. Can anyone recommend the best place to start looking?

I have the same problem....only happens with light throttle low gears, Makes me look a right tit.
Signed up to TOC to let you know ;)

My T25 would surge every now and then when fully warmed up.(cleaned Maf, still not right)
Also for the last few weeks the engine light has come up with error code P1349 / 4937.
The car has full dealership service history.
A service was supposedly done 2k ago but I've checked the air filter and it was the
worst I've ever seen, no way was that changed 2k ago, same for the oil filter FFS.
Anyway I'll do a service myself and will try to clean the oil control valve and oil strainers.

Thanks.

A guide i found.
au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/31918-diy-servicingchanging-oil-control-valve-ocv-filtersstrainers/

• 3 years later...

I finally found the source of the jerking power droop & surging has only taken 3+ years.

Intermittent problems are the hardest to track down and this one has been a f*<£er.

Every time I tried to show a mechanic it was fine.

The warning code only popped up when the part was not responding.

Before this it was causing all sorts of other problems by messing with air fuel mix ect.

After many a placebo fix it finally reared it head as the IACV.

£500 fitted from Toyota. £40 from eBay with a year guarantee and half hour of your time.

part no. 22270 22061image.png.2dd5f3a9b4f0b68ed05435448da717e8.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links