Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adjusting Lane Change Indicators

TomdeGuerre

I have a 2013 Auris Icon and when I tap the indicator stalk the lane change indicator flashes three times and I would like to change this to five times.

There is a table in the handbook about 3 being the default setting with 5 or 7 available for a customised setting but if I read it correctly this applies only to vehicles fitted with the smart entry and start system.

Does anybody know if there is a way to adjust the number of flashes on the Icon (which does not have the smart entry and start system)? If it can't be done using the onboard facility whether it can be adjusted by the dealer.

• 3 months later...

Tom I have an Auris excel and I only get 3 flashes and I would like 5, in the manual it says it's a dealer only option using techstar

Jim

Or have you found a way to do it?

Probably dealer only option.

Hi Jim, no I never did manage to change the flasher setting. I tried using the procedure given in another post for disabling the seat belt beeper where you turn off and on the ignition switch / press the odometer button / fasten the seat belt combination but the only option I found was to turn off the green 'Economy' light on the dash. I turned the light off just for the heck of it (I get enough nagging without that thing) forgot to tell the wife about it and the next time she drove it she came in all worried - thought she had done something wrong. Result!

Excellent way to worry the other half!! If I find a way to sort the indicators, maybe with tech stream and my elm adapter will let you know

Jim

This link with a link should work with Toyota, but if I remember correctly there is a small error in the instructions concerning how to access the set up mode.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/92646-lane-changing-signal/?hl=flashes

Sadly doesn't work with Auris Icon +

Dave

Dave

Did you manage to get fully into the access mode ?. From what I remember you have to press the brake or the "on" button more than the instruction say to get the full access.

Dave

Did you manage to get fully into the access mode ?. From what I remember you have to press the brake or the "on" button more than the instruction say to get the full access.

Nope, but only have a key and no on button. The brake bit I didn't know about.

• 4 months later...

Just to update this thread, i had the Toyota dealer adjust my car to the 5 flasher setting (they did it for free when the car was in for a service) so it can be done - on mine at least.

Another thread has been raised about this and is worth reading:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169616-turn-signal-customization/

Just to update this thread, i had the Toyota dealer adjust my car to the 5 flasher setting (they did it for free when the car was in for a service) so it can be done - on mine at least.

Another thread has been raised about this and is worth reading:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169616-turn-signal-customization/

Thanks for that - I'll try a different dealer and see what they say.

Mine is a 2014 model, I think yours is 2013 perhaps that could be relevant.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links