Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Most Unliked Iq On Earth

danny100

Hi all, i know we all love IQ here, but these are the bad one in my local, they alsi have alot of extras ,e.g. telescopic cam, looks bit like telly tubby type :) electronic gadget, their job is to catch ppl parking on yellow line on school run, some ppl go tho bus line etc, they usually hide from a distant then raise the cam.... i ve heard few mths ago one of them got ram by a truck :))))

post-145797-0-73672800-1421525133_thumb.

post-145797-0-95846200-1421525152_thumb.

post-145797-0-53044900-1421525175_thumb.

post-145797-0-13840600-1421525196_thumb.

post-145797-0-84949800-1421525220_thumb.

We have one/some round our way and I personally like them. In fact no matter what car they use as the base they are good. The only people that don't like them are the ones that park illegally an inconsiderately. After all, they are there to catch stupid parking, especially those that park on double yellow lines / double park and obstruct crossings. Most of this does seem to happen outside schools by thoughtless parents.

If only that were true. That's the counter argument the council use. If it were 100% true I doubt people would complain. It's when you pull over to drop someone off for 10 seconds (totally legal on double yellows), but they take your picture and 'pretend' you were parked so they get their target of daily tickets. Or when you inadvertently pull into a bus lane to let an ambulance past and get a fine 2 weeks later from their cctv. It's the nonsense rulings that make the council hated. Or the "your back wheel was 5 inches onto the school zig zags" fine. It's the pettiness, the lack of zero common sense rulings by councils that cause them to be despised.

Sneaky camera cars are not the way to do it. If councils invested such imaginative ways of cutting costs instead of fining people, we'd all be living in a much happier country.

• Like 1

so is it ok for them to be parked on double yellows, i think not!

• Like 1

the worst i ve ever seen was, there was a road in my local town centre, you can either go straight to join the city by-past or turn right to go towards other car parks, its was like this for 20yrs plus, all the sudden, they just painted the floor say bus only but no sign!! this happen approx.3/4yrs ago, so everyone still think they re still ok for turn right after all these yrs.... but that council iq was there 50-70 metre away at work i remember once, i was standing there have a !Removed!, and count, i ve seen 42 cars did turn right in 3 min time.... thats ×60 pounds in fine to the post, thats not a bad business at all.. :))) p.s. i ve seen that Silver IQ was there for few yrs..

so is it ok for them to be parked on double yellows, i think not!

It depends if they have exemption or a permit to park on the Double Yellows. Workmen/builders can apply for permits to park on Double Yellow if needed.

. Or when you inadvertently pull into a bus lane to let an ambulance past and get a fine 2 weeks later from their cctv.

Inadvertently ?

You surely mean foolishly.

Keep out of the bus lane.

The ambulance can use it. You can't.

. Or when you inadvertently pull into a bus lane to let an ambulance past and get a fine 2 weeks later from their cctv.

Inadvertently ?

You surely mean foolishly.

Keep out of the bus lane.

The ambulance can use it. You can't.

Sounds logical. But reality isn't logical.

I guess it depends if the bus lane allows the ambulance to go straight ahead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2840164/Fines-fears-stop-cars-letting-999-vehicles-past-Lives-risk-automated-enforcement-means-drivers-fined-diverting-bus-lane-edging-red-light.html

The other issue with cameras, and I've seen this one a couple times myself in Leeds, is that cars will not move forward at traffic lights with a red light camera to allow an emergency vehicle behind them pass, as doing so means they will cross the white line and get a ticket 2 weeks later.

If the people who issue the tickets weren't so !Removed! minded, I imagine people would do the right thing and pull forward slightly. Unfortunately it appears those issuing the tickets are as black & white about it as you. Such is life I guess.

Be curious what your suggestion would be to the driver in the video on the above link? Stop in the lane where he was? Speed up and go through a red light? Or pull into the bus lane and get a fine?

Hmm, I noticed that article reckons that stopping in the bus lane to drop off a passenger is okay but from experience this is not the case :(

I've gotten done for pulling over into the bus lane to let EMV's pass quite a few times, but usually you can get out of the fine if you appeal and state you were pulling over to let an emergency vehicle past. There doesn't appear to be solid guidelines tho' as sometimes they accept that as a defence and sometimes they don't...

Difficult to tell from the short video, but the Fire Engines don't seem to have their blues ( and headlights) flashing ..... so were they attending an incident requiring drivers to give priority anyway. .... that aside there is room for the pump to undertake by using the bus lane.if the driver (s) just stay in their lane...

This is all based on advice I was given by a first responder.