Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To Toyota, New Verso Ordered, And A Couple Of Questions.

joenewson

Morning,

I'm new to the Toyota brand, and have recently ordered a new diesel Verso Icon which is due for delivery in a few weeks. I've gone for Toyota due to the reputation for build quality and reliability, and the Verso for carting 3 kids around safely. I have a couple of questions that I can't answer from the Toyota literature.

1) TPMS. There is nothing in the brochure or on the website that I can see, but I understand it became mandatory on new cars last November. Will my car have it?

2) Tow bar nose weight. Again, I can't find anything on the website or brochure, but all I get back from Google is 55kg. This seems pretty low - I only want to put a 4-bike bike carrier on, no towing, but if the nose weight is that low even that might be pushing it?

3) I never haggled for accessories before paying my deposit - schoolboy error I know (it was via a broker through a work related scheme, and the discount off list price was great, so I'm happy enough). I'm after a tow bar, mud flaps, mats, space saver spare and the boot liner. Is it worth trying a few different dealers for a price for supplying all these, or do they not have any movement on accessories prices?

Many thanks for any advice offered!

Joe

welcome to the fold & the forum :D

a) it should if it's been built since then

b ) pass

c) there is a member on here (Parts King) who works for a Toyota dealer (Lindop). If you PM him he can give you a quote.

There are also a few Toyota dealers (e.g. Burrows) that sell on eBay & indeed Toyota UK themselves. There is definitely room for some movement on rrp.

Thanks very much, I shall PM him and check eBay.

My understanding of the legislation was that every car registered after November 2014 must have TPMS? Mine is new, not pre-reg, and will be registered this year. Strange that Toyota don't mention it in the brochure?

Hello Joe - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards the brochure, have you checked the print date - usually on the back cover.

You can download the full owners manual - see link in the following topic - which will have the details on the tow bar nose weight.

A further question - would I be setting myself up for warranty issues if I had a towbar fitted from an independent supplier rather than a Toyota dealer?

Yes likely. First ask for their quote and if its over the moon then do it from your independent dealer. They probably couldn't care if you had it on or not. Unless you make hardcore changes to the car, IE body kit, I'd be worried. If they moan about it or your not sure then just take it off before you take it in for warranty repairs (which you probably wont even need to do in the first place :) )

Yes there probably will be a warranty issue, or they probably won't care?

Obviously the third party towbar company/fitter will provide their own warranty for the towbar and fitting, and Toyota won't cover any problems arising from this third party work.

• 11 months later...

Morning,

I'm new to the Toyota brand, and have recently ordered a new diesel Verso Icon which is due for delivery in a few weeks. I've gone for Toyota due to the reputation for build quality and reliability, and the Verso for carting 3 kids around safely. I have a couple of questions that I can't answer from the Toyota literature.

1) TPMS. There is nothing in the brochure or on the website that I can see, but I understand it became mandatory on new cars last November. Will my car have it?

2) Tow bar nose weight. Again, I can't find anything on the website or brochure, but all I get back from Google is 55kg. This seems pretty low - I only want to put a 4-bike bike carrier on, no towing, but if the nose weight is that low even that might be pushing it?

3) I never haggled for accessories before paying my deposit - schoolboy error I know (it was via a broker through a work related scheme, and the discount off list price was great, so I'm happy enough). I'm after a tow bar, mud flaps, mats, space saver spare and the boot liner. Is it worth trying a few different dealers for a price for supplying all these, or do they not have any movement on accessories prices?

Many thanks for any advice offered!

Joe

Hello, I would like a favor. I recently purchased a Toyota verso 1.6 diesel and I am very happy because I have three children ... But it heven't the manual book. Did you send me this a link;; Thanks.

welcome to the forum :)

Your dealer should be able to provide you with a copy of the manual especially if it's a new car.

If you sign up to MyToyota you will have access to downloadable files in various languages - I have linked the English versions for recent production.

https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/Manuals/toyota/VERSO_EE_OM64574E.pdf

https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/Manuals/Toyota/VERSO_Navi_EE_OM64566E.pdf

Thank you very much! Do you know if there is in Greek;; Because I am from Greece and the car I bought from Germany .. In Greece has not released yet!

No Greek that I can see - but then if it isn't released in that market yet why would there be? ;)

There is German if your German is even better than your very good English.

https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/Manuals/toyota/VERSO_EM_OM64576M.pdf

https://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/Manuals/Toyota/VERSO_Navi_EM_OM64568M.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links