Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installing Heated And Electric Lumbar Driver Seat

Ashfaq Ahmad

Dear Folks

I am looking for a driver seat for my Prius Alpha ZVW40-3006339.JDM 7 seater with Lumbar support with heating .

I looked into Japan market , USA but to no avail.

your help will b greatly appreciated.

regards

post-146009-0-17393000-1421685390_thumb.

post-146009-0-59796400-1421685393_thumb.

post-146009-0-57309500-1421685396_thumb.

The Toyota Alpha isn't sold here, though I believe it is almost identical to our Prius+. Do any UK owners of that vehicle know if it already comes with heated seats with lumber support? I know the gen3 came with lumber whereas the US versions didn't.

• Like 1

The Toyota Prius V is known as the Prius+ in some European countries, Prius Alpha in Asia, Grand Prius+ in Belgium, and the Prius Wagon in the Netherlands.

UK Prius + built upto the facelift model in Nov 2014 have a Drivers seat power lumber but not factory fit seat heating. Seat heaters where fitted as an accessory see attachment.

Facelift models have power lumber on Icon and Power Lumber and heat on Excel models.

Prius+_RHD_Seat_Heaters_PZ457_G0311_00_AIM_002_512_1 (2).pdf

• Like 2

don't know if it's compatible, but my dealer fitted a Toyota accessory heated seat package to my Gen 3½ Prius T3 (ordinary) (the car already has the electric lumbar support, as I believe all Gen 3 UK PRius do).

I don't use the heated seat myself, but when I visit my ex-partner she switches them on the whole time she's in the car, as did my mother for the 2 months I had them before an accident consigned her to a nursing home.

They're not quite as good as the ones fitted as standard in the Prius plug in, as they only have on/off options, whereas the plugin has Hi/Lo/off options (through I get no complaints at all from the ex-partner!).

• Like 1

They're not quite as good as the ones fitted as standard in the Prius plug in, as they only have on/off options, whereas the plugin has Hi/Lo/off options (through I get no complaints at all from the ex-partner!).

Interestingly my friends Rav4 also only has on and off with no high/low option like the PiP which is a bit of a pain.

FWIIW the Lexus NX I tested recently had one push button each side, successive pushes switching between Hi/Med/Lo and off.

In my case, on/off is fine, as mine is only set to off, and when my ex-partner is in the car it's always (except on warm summer days) on (and would be on max if it had choices)!

• Like 1

(the car already has the electric lumbar support, as I believe all Gen 3 UK PRius do).

Yup. Even the original base T3 gen3 prius has electric lumbar support on the driver's seat.

Folks

talked to Toyota London n they cant sell the driver seat because of airbags and electrics .

shall i search Local junkyards and is it possible to change the seat while disconnecting and connecting airbags ?

You could try but the Prius + has only sold 2,500 cars in the UK. Smashed/wrecked cars will be rare as the car is still quite new and insurers are likely to repair them after an accident. The only time an insurer won't repair a fairly new car is if the airbags have deployed - which doen't help you.

You could try and see what the scrap yards have in them, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/family/toyota_prius+

• Like 1

The only time an insurer won't repair a fairly new car is if the airbags have deployed

Not necessarily, if the finances are correct, even with deployed airbags it'll be repaired.

Less than 30 quid buys you a heated vibro massage seat cover. Plus you can swap it from vehicle to vehicle. Maplins young man.

• Like 1

Ethan,

Any experience of heated vibro massage seat cover or brand names ?

I drove an S600 with heated, airconditioned and massaging seats and it was lovely :)

Ethan,

Yes

this

Been using them for years. I have two in my Yaris HSD. Far cheaper than your suggestion. £29.99

• Like 1

Ethan,

Yes

this

Been using them for years. I have two in my Yaris HSD. Far cheaper than your suggestion. £29.99

Thanks Ethan.

Just bought one , will share the experience , when delivered .

How does it fasten taking into account the seat mounted thorax airbags?

That's the only thing that'd put me off.

Hooks over the headrest with thin elastic round the upper side above the airbag in my Yaris.. But If the side airbag with it's huge explosive power can't bust a bit of knicker elastic (when it needs to ) then it ain't gonna save your butt much is it. In fact I think it would also be fine if you didn't even use the side elastic straps. The bottom 'floats'. Sounds a bit shonky but it works.

If I'm ever in a situation where the side airbag goes off, I rather suspect my bottom will be floating too.

Hooks over the headrest with thin elastic round the upper side above the airbag in my Yaris.. But If the side airbag with it's huge explosive power can't bust a bit of knicker elastic (when it needs to ) then it ain't gonna save your butt much is it. In fact I think it would also be fine if you didn't even use the side elastic straps. The bottom 'floats'. Sounds a bit shonky but it works.

A vehicle and airbag system has a very specific crash signature, never assume an airbag will simply snap a bit of elastic, as at the end of the day it hasn't been designed to.

Should it not snap the elastic and deploy the airbag correctly you're the one who will know about it, and even if it does snap the elastic, its then diverted / used energy to do that which potentially should be going towards another stage of the airbag deployment.

• Like 1

Let alone your body slipping off the seat as the crappy little cushion slides from under you. Not only does the side airbag get delayed or diverted, you suffer greater whiplash injury.

• Like 1

OK so only attach it at the headrest. It doesn't cover the sides in any way or impede anything and your weight keeps it in place. Still a great product and nobody dies.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links