Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Revs Dip On Idle - Corolla Verso T3

MiniHaggington

Could someone tell me if it is normal for my 2005 Corolla Verso T3's engine revs to dip when stationary?

When I stop for any length of time, lets stay at traffic lights, the revs dip lower than normal and this can cause me to stall the car when pulling away.

Is this normal or should I have it looked at?

Thank you.

Does it stall when at idle (stationary) or when you pull away? Also what engine do you have? Petrol or diesel?

If the car has a rev. counter what rpm does it drop down to?

Firstly thank you so much for your replies.

My car is a 1.8 Petrol.

Car never stalls on idle and probably drops maybe 1 or 2 revs. As soon as I put my foot on the accelerator the revs go back to normal and then when I am idle for a minute or two the revs dip. It's like it is trying to conserve petrol while stationary.

I've only stalled the car a couple of times because I forget to rev a little before I drive off.

I dont know if it is a fault or something normal. I bought the car a year ago second hand and it has always done this. I am "sort of" used to it, although I do forget if I have been waiting in traffic for a long time.

I hope this makes sense. My hubby drives my car every now and again and although he sees the dip he has never stalled.

Yes completely normal and all Toyota cars, it normally happens when engine is fully heated too. This is to keep emissions low when stationary. You will also notice the rev needle is a little wobbly too while engine feels same too. Just add a little more throttle when taking off. Don't worry about this, happens on all 3 of my Toyota's. :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links