Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoke

Rhian27

Hi I have 57 t180 avensis. Recently I've noticed a lot of smoke coming from exhaust. Whiteish in colour and smells quite fuel like. Car is running fine though prob needs egr cleaning as not had a long run for too long. Engine revs high but guessing that's because it is cold and takes ages to warm up! Pls pls don't tell me car is going to be knackered! I need it to be good for me as unwel family members will mean lots of driving at short notice

Sounds like a DPNR regen. Are you doing mostly short journeys perhaps not giving it a chance to complete?

Yes it's been a lot of short journeys recently. Normally gets a few longer ones per month. Maybe I should give it a good blast down the motorway?

A good blast does them the world of good. Once the car is cruising over 40km/h for a set time, it will do the regen.

Well given it a good long blast and still doing it. Like plumes of white smoke much more than other cars are doing! Very fuel smelling as well. Mpg right down low

• 2 weeks later...

Had this issue with one. A regen and a software update sorted it

It's no good gonna have to take it to a garage and pray it's not gonna be ££££'s

Might want to try Toyota first and ask them to update the cars software, new software can fix a lot of issues ( excessive white smoke is one ) before people/garages start trying new injectors/DPNR only to find that the car still needs a software update.

Reprogramming takes less than an hour.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links