Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Alarm System & Window Closing Module

RyanBorg

Hello to everybody.. this is my first official post in this forum

I would like to get some info about what type of car alarm i can install in my car & what type of automatic closing window module i can install directly to the car or as a part of the alarm system maybe.

My car is Auris Hybrid 2015 Excel

All new UK Auris have a high quality alarm & immobiliser as standard so I am not too sure about you finding info here for fitting a 3rd party one.

I live in Malta and the Official Toyota Dealer here gets from the the UK factory since we drive on the same side... they told me to pay extra for an aftermarket alarm since it does not come with... can u show me where it says it comes as standard.. i ordered the top of the range model EXCEL Hybrid

I fitted an aftermarket alarm system with flip key fobs for more than two years (actually I replaced my old aftermarket pager alarm system due to the pager Battery fast consumption) and I'm very pleased with it. The alarm system offers to my car all the protection that I need, remote has a jumping code (cloning it is impossible), has sound and lights alerts at broken window, forced door, trunk, hood, ignition switch, it lock my doors after starting the engine and unlock them when switch it off; also, the alarm system delays my front interior lamp (map lamps) and offers me "welcome home" lights. It's compatible also, with any aftermarket windows module.

Conclusion: Auris is compatible with any aftermarket alarm system and it's worth all effort to fit it.

Thanks for the info much appreciated.. I have been told it would be hard to fit window rollup module in 2015 model but they will see when they have the car.

I live in Malta and the Official Toyota Dealer here gets from the the UK factory since we drive on the same side... they told me to pay extra for an aftermarket alarm since it does not come with... can u show me where it says it comes as standard.. i ordered the top of the range model EXCEL Hybrid

All European Auris come out of the UK factory, lhd & rhd, but they are not all built to the same standard specification for every country as each country decides on it's own for it's markets.

I can't find anything on the Auris page at Toyota UK about the alarm but it certainly has an immobiliser for the UK market.

Yet other pages elsewhere mention "Every Auris has an alarm and an immobiliser fitted as standard." or similar - this may well be a country-specific standard specification for the UK though & as above not replicated for other markets.

e.g. http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/cartestreports/2012110.html

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/toyota/auris/hatchback/equipment/

I am sure that an UK owner will be along shortly to confirm/refute this.

With the first generation Auris, the three door cars were built in Turkey and the five door cars in the UK. With the second generation, the UK was designated the European production centre for C-sector hatchbacks (the Auris), and Turkey the European production centre for C-sector saloons (the Corolla saloon).

So all of the current generation Auris destined for the European market are built in the UK at Burnaston, near Derby.

The UK has led the way for car security for some years now, and the UK insurance industry (with their testing centre at Thatcham) together with manufacturers have set very high standards for car security in the UK.. Specifications will vary from country to country - and this includes security systems. So you may well find the security equipment on Maltese market models differ from UK market models, and may not offer the same levels of security. This applies to most manufacturers, not just Toyota.

Also the warranty will be different - UK market models have a five year/100,000 mile new car warranty. European market models have a 3 year/100,000km new car warranty.

Before you fit an aftermarket alarm or window closure, check to see where you stand with the new car warranty.

They confirmed all specs & warranty is just as in the UK Market so if i had to buy from uk and bring it here i would get 100% identical car 5 years.. KM dont matter in Malta its very hard to reach the KM limit before 5 years

I meant for you to check what effect having a third party alarm would have on your warranty.

Toyota GB is responsible for extending the Toyota new car warranty to five years, and it is for the UK, not Europe.

See the following page from the Toyota Malta website, which states clearly towards the bottom of the page -

Important note: Toyota vehicles in Malta are covered by a 3 year comprehensive warranty and 12 year anti-perforation warranty. Toyota sets its warranty conditions for each particular market and this may vary from one country to another, the featured brochures refer to the UK market.

See: http://toyota.com.mt/sites/all/themes/toyota/_shared/forms/brochure/index.html

Thanks for the info much appreciated.. I have been told it would be hard to fit window rollup module in 2015 model but they will see when they have the car.

You're welcome .

It's not so hard to fit an aftermarket windows module like this:

gallery_83611_1654_40504.jpg

the job can be done cutting 4 wires and tapping another 2, all are situated inside driver's door.

RyanBorg I have a 2013 and I'm in Turkey, I imagine we have equally shady dealerships and stripped down import models.

I have the mid range "active" model as it's called here. I had an alarm fitted by the dealer, who said (I maintain) he would fit an "authentic genuine Toyota alarm". Well, guess what, it's just one of the thousand alibaba/ebay Chinese import jobbies. But it works so I don't care enough to get into a fight. Plus since they fitted it (which I think your dealer will be doing also?) it doesn't affect my warranty with them.

As for window closer modules, here is one: aliexpress.com/item/TOYOTA-original-power-window-closer-for-specialized-AURIS-2013-power-closing-window-module-DC12V-free-fast/32220256043.html

2015/2014/2013 = same model. 2012 and earlier is the 'old shape'. Perhaps the wiring is mostly the same anyway, wouldn't be a massive shock.

See if you can get your dealer to fit the closer, they might want a few quid to "test" it so that they can keep your warranty intact.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links