Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change A Nearside Rear Stop/tail Light Bulb On 2003 Avensis Estate

John Mutley

:disgust: Hi people,

I've had this Avensis Estate for about 20 months and I now have to change a light bulb, simple really isn't it, as I have been motoring for well over 40 years and done this before, but is it only me that has an Avensis Owners Manual that may as well be printed in ancient greek!

(No offence to any Greek owners out there by the way.)

I've followed the explanatory diagram and removed the access cover at the nearside rear, but as to getting hold of the light cluster and squeezing together the clips to obtain release of said light cover you need to be a 2'6" contortionist with x-ray vision to see through the bodywork.

Any suggestions please? :flowers:

The rear lights are a pain the a** but you get used to them.

I ended taking out the whole light unit 3 10mm nuts to get a better idea , I have attached a picture showing the rear it may help. I squeeze the clips one at a time.

I have now started using good quality bulbs like osram/philips they last longer in my opinion.

post-125194-0-64567600-1421924370_thumb.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Only just realised today I never sent my thanks, so, 7 years later, thank you, yes you've guessed right, the nearside stop bulb has just gone! 

• Like 1

I've had to change both sides on my 2007 and it is the same. always seem to get the wrong bulbs too. It is so fiddly and really easy to break a plastic clip. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links