Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Slips Sometimes

wazilla

Hi guys need some advice. Now I noticed my biting point is quite high and sometimes the clutch slips the gear varies. But even when car is warm I floor it and it doesn't slip. Is this definitely clutch or is the pedal not releasing properly.

Probably the clutch since the bite is high. Put the handbrake on hard, and try to pull away in 5th gear. If you can let the clutch out without the car stalling then your clutch is worn.

I'll try that thanks. Drove it quite hard today and didn't slip lol.

Tried it and it stalled but still slipped the other day so no idea. Might just get clutch done anyway.

Has the clutch fluid been replaced and bled ?

Have you checked the slave cylinder is not sticking / returning properly - a new clutch is a major and expensive job.

I didn't know these cars had clutch fluid. Where does that go

Not sure about Tsports, assume they are hydraulic, but equally if they are still a cable, even the cable can stick /fray and cause problems.

You will have to look in the engine bay or under the dash at the pedals and see what you have.

Typically the 'brake' fluid reservoir is a dual chamber, with the other being for the clutch.

Sounds like you really need someone with you to show you what and where things are; let alone check or repair them ...

Some family or friend you can call upon with a better knowledge of cars ?

I wasn't saying I was going to repair it myself. Always take it to local garage but didn't want to get clutch fitted if it was something else.

Best thing then is to go around to several garages, large and small and get them to test / confirm your suspicions and give you a quote for the work.

Even if actually trying the car, even an experienced mechanic cannot alway guarantee what he suspects is the cause.

On cars like Tsports which as you say are driven hard, be prepared for that extra wear / cost , eg if the problems the clutch the flywheel might also need replacing or skimming.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links