Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels & Tyres Question Avensis Verso D4D

ellie2761

Please can anyone give me some advice

My car is a 2005 Avensis Verso 2.0 D4D T Spirit

My alloy wheels have deteriorated, I took them to a chap to see if they could be repaired, he said they were too far gone. So my question is this ...

Are there any wheels on the market that will fit my car without having to use these 'fitting' kits, I've tried Toyota but their new alloys are £1065, thats nearly as much as the car is worth!!

My next question is this .... I have recently had four new tyres fitted, will my tyres fit any new wheels that I buy? My wheel size is (well tyre size) 205/60/16.

Thanks in advance

You should be able to get them refurbished to nearly new condition for about £40 each, likely to be your best option.

Was the person who said they were to far gone a professional restorer, I have had some very ropey looking ones done with no problem, they strip them, shot blast remachine then powder coat

Also, apart from restoration there are new alloys from 3rd party manufacturers that will fit without modification (however, you ought to inform your insurer as using them is technically a modification from factory standard). I would imagine that for your size that a set probably runs from ~£300.

There are even more that use a "fitting kit" where a fitting kit typically consists of a set of spigot rings that adapt the wheel's bore from a larger size (to maximise the no. of cars that it will fit) to the exact one of your car. These are perfectly OK.

& of course there are second hand wheels from dismantlers, scrappies, eBay etc.

Thank you for the replies, the guy came on recommendation from my local Toyota dealer and was a refurbisher, I have trawled around and found some places that are scrapping versos, emails have gone off to them to see about the wheels. I also have another lead for a refurb going to contact them next week.

Last question .... Does it matter what year verso the wheels come off? I know the earlier ones are a different design, but do they all fit regardless of age?

I have recently had four new tyres fitted, will my tyres fit any new wheels that I buy? My wheel size is (well tyre size) 205/60/16.

Your tyres will go on to any replacement 16 inch wheels.

"Last question .... Does it matter what year verso the wheels come off? I know the earlier ones are a different design, but do they all fit regardless of age?"

According to wheelfitment.eu (but always confirm for yourself) your car has a PCD of 5x114.3, bore of 60.1 & an offset of 45.

That being the case there are a no. of other cars that have the same http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Toyota/Avensis%20Verso%20(2001%20-%202005)/

The 2002-2004 Corolla based Verso's don't fit - they only have 4 nuts! The 2004-2009 Corolla based Verso's should fit. The current Verso's should fit but have a smaller (but acceptable) offset.

If those dimensions are correct these are well worth looking at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-16-inch-Toyota-Auris-Avensis-alloy-wheels-set-of-4-/321650526521

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-16-inch-Toyota-Auris-Avensis-alloy-wheels-set-of-4-/321650526522

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FULL-SET-16-INCH-TOYOTA-AURIS-EXCEL-ALLOY-WHEELS-BRAND-NEW-/301496608493

I would expect a full refurb to be cheaper than a new set - even aftermarket wheels. The only downside is that you may have to manage without you car while your wheels are in being refurbed. Ask a local second hand dealer if they know of a company that offers a full refurb. its amazing what they can do with scabby old wheels. If cash is tight a set of steel wheels would be cheapest.

Yes I agree with you Druid Boy. I have had about 15 wheels done, some looked terrible before but came out looking like new. I use http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/. The only thing they won't touch is a buckled wheel. There must be plenty of firms like them around.

"Last question .... Does it matter what year verso the wheels come off? I know the earlier ones are a different design, but do they all fit regardless of age?"

According to wheelfitment.eu (but always confirm for yourself) your car has a PCD of 5x114.3, bore of 60.1 & an offset of 45.

Now this is where I get confused, I have looked on a few sites and each of them give different 'offsets' for my car, for example one says 32-38 another 35-40 and a third just says 44 the PCD and bore are identical on them all. Where can I find out for sure what the offset is?

Being without my car for any period of time just adds to my stress as I live in the sticks and need my car to get to work .... hence my initial thoughts on buying another set of wheels.

Have a look on the back of one of your existing alloys (this may involve taking it off the hub) - it should be marked there.

I'm thinking a refurb company would have a set of steel wheels knocking around for just that very reason. Worth an ask isn't it?

I am taking the car in for a service soon, so I will ask my lad to see if he can see anything on the back of the wheels, I will know for sure then, he is also going to find out if the scrap yard has any wheels that will fit for the temporary period, the company that comes highly recommended to refurb the wheels does lots of other stuff and wheels are a filler in job, but aparently they do them to a high standard, so things might not be looking quite so bleak.

I also looked at those links that have been suggested earlier, they are now on my list of possibilites once I find out the wheel size.

You have all been very helpful. Thanks very much.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links