Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Lights

mk1

I am just wondering if someone could help me out.

The headlight height setting is set to 0 on my car which I presume is for when there isn't any weight in the rear, but I get a lot of people flashing me to say I have my full beam on (Which I don't, nor do I have anything of any weight in the car) so I am now setting it to 3 or 4 to stop blinding others.

I haven't had the car a year yet so the MOT tester can look at it to see if it is set wrong.

Is anyone else experiencing this? or is it just me?

Thanks

Sounds like the headlights may be need the alignment adjusting

I get this too. When I follow people I'm aware my lights are high up on the back of cars and have been flashed on occasions. The only thing is to put it on 1-2 on the dial I guess.

I keep mine on '0' when on my own or with one front passenger, not had any problems.

Just a thought - with the IQ having such a short wheelbase the headlight beams may be more affected by undulating or bumpy roads. With the more pronounced pitching up and down of the car, the headlight beams may be dazzling other drivers, but not be so noticeable to the IQ driver.

I keep mine on 0 when I drive the car alone and 1 with one passenger. This is as stated on page 184 of the Owner's manual. There are further details of when the other numbers should be used there too. I have never been flashed because of my headlights to my knowledge. In fact I do not get flashed very often at all!

• Like 1

The headlights SHOULD be set correctly at the 0 position but often they're not (my personal experience of driving hundreds of cars). Just adjust to 1, 1.5 or 2. Find a balance between being able to see the road and not blinding oncoming cars. Maybe adjust as you go; keep it at 2 on street lit roads and 0 on A roads where you need the extra light?

Mine are on 3 or 4 for normal driving, You can make them blind them others or illuminate only the road 6 feet in front of you.

I don't think the numbers are meant to mean anything, you simply adjust them until you are showing a reasonable amount of road in front of you and not blinding oncoming traffic.

Craig.

The numbers are used for you to adjust the headlight aim according to how the car is loaded. For example with my Auris the adjustment is:

Driver only, or driver and front passenger - 0

All seats occupied - 1.5

All seats occupied and full luggage loaded - 2.5

Driver and full luggage loaded - 3.5

higher the number , lower the beams, can always park in front of the garage door at night have a play, However i suggest if anyone has fitted the HID headlight, set it to the lowest beam, (high number)

But that we here in the colonies would have this option...

Afraid it is compulsory in the EU

And it's a curse. For everyone who knows how to adjust them correctly - to not blind oncoming cars, there's someone else who doesn't give a damn and leaves them on the wrong setting.

• Like 1

And it's a curse. For everyone who knows how to adjust them correctly - to not blind oncoming cars, there's someone else who doesn't give a damn and leaves them on the wrong setting.

Guilty as charged :laughing:

Cheers for the replies, I will adjust as appropriate.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links