Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Works But No Sound

Quirky

Hi all

Got a 2003 T4 2.0 vvti Avensis Estate.

The radio has never been brilliant in the car, only having 4 Speakers working out of the 8, as various Speakers on the doors didnt work, with one door not working at all.

Now for some strange reason the radio is working perfect, and the voice commands through the sat nav are working and the women is speaking back, but i have no sound from the radio at all.

Ive played about with the faders, balance etc etc and hitting the radio and Speakers but no luck. Checked the 2 radio fuses in the drivers and passengers fuse box. Could the speaker wiring from the radio be broken? but it seems strange the sat nav lass still talks (coloured pop up sat nav) Or am i looking at buying a secondhand radio on eBay?

Thanks

can you hear anything at all from the radio, do the channels tune in correctly?

Also, does sound come from the cd player?

Nothing from the radio/cd/tape at all, but it all works perfectly apart from sound, all the buttons, knobs etc work.

No hissing,crackling from the Speakers

Might be worth getting your stereo out to check the wiring, and maybe get the stereo checked over in a repair workshop.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links