Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The Name Of The Lower Dashboard Section?

Totally Tech IT

Hey,

My car had some strange car kit thing fitted and its damaged the dash board area. there are 3 holes in the dash beside the stereo, which looks like the whole dash will need replacing, plus 4 holes in the lower dash, beside the ashtray area, I would call it the lower dashboard panel, but eBay doesnt show anything up. I'm assuming that also goes from left to right in one piece so may need completely replacing too...

Any ideas what the lower section is called? Are there any guides online showing the dashboard and possible removal etc?

Cheers

Drew

Depending on how badly damaged it is, there are firms out there who repair holes in dashboards etc, I used to have a friend who was a car valeter & used to do a lot of prepping work for various used car garages, quite often someone would turn up to sort holes in the dash while my friend was doing his stuff

• Like 1

Depending on how badly damaged it is, there are firms out there who repair holes in dashboards etc, I used to have a friend who was a car valeter & used to do a lot of prepping work for various used car garages, quite often someone would turn up to sort holes in the dash while my friend was doing his stuff

It is literally 3 holes in the top section of the dash and either 3 or 4 screw holes behind a no holes bracket. I do know he had a handsfree parrot kit in the car so it could be that, and a cradle for his phone on the no holes thingy...

I'll have a look around locally and see what I can find :) If I needed to replace the entire dash etc then just parts would be around £80 for a scrap yard, plus the hours or even days to fit.... so I'm happy to chuck some money at it as long as its sorted :)

these pics will give you a idea of how it is.

post-125194-0-76079300-1422525408_thumb.

post-125194-0-21723400-1422525411_thumb.

• Like 1

Thank you for that, it does look like I'd need to replace the entire dash to get rid of my holes, so I'm thinking I'll get it repaired...

Its also got 4 drilled holes in the bumper which I'll be getting filled and sprayed so hopefully I'll find someone who can do both - I'm not sure if chips-away do dashes etc.... Time for another google :)

sounds like a ex taxi

Yeah it is, I took it to the place which serviced it last time (sticker in the window) today, picked up the last 2 years history from them and booked it in for a full service on tuesday. I'm also taking the service book in and I'll see if they will stamp it correctly to match the receipts they gave me, so that just leaves 4 stamps and 2 years missing, but I think I know which company was servicing it then too so I'll get on to them tomorrow :) It would be lovely to get the paperwork in order and get proof of service history etc.

I had no idea but it had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel just over a month ago! Plus new discs and pads on the front and pads on the rear, and 5 months ago the front shocks were replaced so thats all handy :)

I just need to find out about the timing belt (or chain) but its not been done on the paperwork I have since Oct 2013, so unless it was done beforehand I'm assuming it will need a kit fitting...

2008? ad series engines are chain driven the old 2003-2006 1cd-ftv was belt driven.

2008? ad series engines are chain driven the old 2003-2006 1cd-ftv was belt driven.

Mine is 1AD-FTV I believe... Is there anywhere online that tells you have often the chain needs renewing?

Chains are generally good for life, if serviced and maintained correctly. There is no given change period. Cheap oils and lack of changing makes for rattling chains, I have seen them fail, usually when they have not been looked after, it is quite a big job to change it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links