Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 D4D, In-Tank Pickup Filter, How To Get Out ?

the_dragon_no1

So, trying to get my car sorted, i have ended up at the tank, and wanna get the in-tank pickup filter out thru the hole in the floor without removing the tank from the car.

So got all 3 pipes disconnected, but not really shure how the get the whole filter unit out of the tank ? Lots of pipes and stuff down there, so not quite shure where to begin disconnecting stuff..

Any idea ?

Thanks
Ronni

Fuel tanks and filler pumps tend to be cleaner these days so I would suggest seeing if you can attach a clean piece of hose to the tank pipes and then blowing with your mouth down them as this will clear the filter if it is dirty and will enable you to check if this was indeed the problem when you restart the car.

Del

Not to bad of an idea... Yeah the tank was cleaner than i thought, but there is for sure some stuff down on the filter.. I might give that a go.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

So i have a rav4 2002 d4d 3DOOR. Is there a hole in the floor like in the 4DOOR cars for reaching the in-tank fuel filter without removing the tank from the car?

Hi there,

I've had a look in my Haynes manual and there is no suggestion that the 3 door is any different to the 5 door, so there should be a cover plate under the carpet in the rear.

good luck

regards colin

just undo the bolts and sort of maneuver it out not to hard really can be a bit messy