Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Approved Used Toyota Yaris

Developer101

Hello all

I am new member and glad to join.

I have an issue. I bought toyota yaris 2012 approved used from Toyota UK in October 2014. It had 53,200 miles on it. Lot of miles in short period but i checked the history and it had no accidents and had 1 owner.

But today when I went for MOT service told me water pump is leaking but not badly so I need to keep an eye on coolant level and come in next time for repair. Current milage on car is 53,700 which is not lot of driving.

This means toyota sold me a faulty car? should not warranty cover the cost? Please help me here ; what i need to tell toyota? thanks

Hello Imran - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

You've had the car for three months or so, and it is possible the leak has developed in that time - who can know for certain?

Did the car come with a Toyota warranty, and what period was the warranty for?

You say you took the car for an MOT service - was this an MOT or a combined MOT and service?

Was the MOT service with a Toyota dealer or another garage?

Moved to the Yaris club.

Thanks for quick reply.

Warranty is 5 years which means 2 years left and that is toyota warranty.

I took for MOT this morning ; they had done the MOT (only MOT which I paid for it )but told me to do booking again for water pump replacement which will cost me 350. The coolant is leaking thats what I been told but leak is not very big so I just need to check coolant level time to time and bring the car in again.

To me leaking is not something often am I right? I drove car very less during those 3 months. I work 4 minutes drive from home. How it could happen so soon? Its a 2012 model and not 2002 model. OR am I wrong?

You haven't clarified who did the MOT - was it a Toyota dealer or was it an independent garage?

You haven't clarified who did the MOT - was it a Toyota dealer or was it an independent garage?

The Toyota dealer. I went to Toyota dealer same place I bought the car from as I am planning to stick with the dealer with all the services. Thanks

In that case, when you book the car in for the water pump replacement, clarify the warranty situation and query whether the water pump replacement should be a warranty repair.

In that case, when you book the car in for the water pump replacement, clarify the warranty situation and query whether the water pump replacement should be a warranty repair.

Right but if it was they might have mentioned that already. ? what if i had to pay myself?

what bothers me is the leaking itself it shouldnt happen to a 2012 approved by dealer car shouldnt it?

The fact that a car is an approved used car doesn't mean it won't develop a fault!

The fact that a car is an approved used car doesn't mean it won't develop a fault!

Right true. well i will call and check with them. thanks. good night have nice weekend. x

Come back onto the forum to say what the outcome is, please.

A part such as a water pump failing is not so much age dependent but use dependent. Your car has done 53k miles, so that water pump has been working for all those miles plus time idling at traffic lights, junctions etc.

Enquire as to whether this is covered by the Toyota 5 year warranty, or any warranty given with the car when you bought it second user. Maybe things such as brake pads/linings and similar are classed as consumables and wont be covered, but water pump..... do enquire.

My 2009 1.4D Yaris with 50k miles started rattling real bad a few weeks ago. My local garage (not Toyota) diagnosed water pump.

They charged me £146 which basically was £100 labour (2 hours) and £46 for the water pump (which has a 2 year warranty).

A main dealer will be charging more.

Thanks Joe for reply. I will enquire from them about water pump.

It had done 53k+ miles I do understand that. But I got this car only 3 months ago as approved used. I always had relied on approved used as it suppose to give an extra assurance to the buyer and peace of mind. I had worked in middle east and I bought approved used 2002 ford in 2009. It ran perfectly no issues what so ever for years.

Anyways soon I will be calling Toyota

• 2 weeks later...

Hello as I promised I am writing back about what has happend. Toyota fixed the water pump issue under warranty so it was fixed of cost. But I did not get any document or any receipt telling it fixed? should they had given that? They just said it all sorted and new pump got installed and here is the key but then later I thought no paper work at all given? is it normal?

The paperwork will have gone to the warranty management company that Toyota use to manage their warranties - they will need some form of evidence trail to show what work has been done and what part/s have been replaced.

When I had the tailgate struts on my Auris replaced under warranty last month, the only paperwork I got was the usual visual safety check.

Normal.

Incidentally, if you use My Toyota, which can help you keep track of what work has been done to your car whilst you've had it plus can provide reminders for you as regards car tax, Toyota Roadside Assistance Renewal, etc, the warranty repair should show on your 'dashboard timeline'.

For My Toyota, go to - http://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/my-Toyota

Incidentally, if you use My Toyota, which can help you keep track of what work has been done to your car whilst you've had it plus can provide reminders for you as regards car tax, Toyota Roadside Assistance Renewal, etc, the warranty repair should show on your 'dashboard timeline'.

For My Toyota, go to - http://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/my-Toyota

My Toyota doesent work for me. Ive called them many times and dont do anything about it.

In what way does MyToyota not work for you? You have registered for it?

The chances are that the problem is at your end.

Ive registered for it and my car has been registered since last year May. However when I add my car details in it just says car being processed and verified. I called up Toyota multiple times and they kept resetting the account and told me ''try again after 24 hours'' and I just couldent be asked to call again. It wants me to go to a dealer which is pretty far from me. All personal details match car details but no idea what the problem is.

Ive registered for it and my car has been registered since last year May. However when I add my car details in it just says car being processed and verified. I called up Toyota multiple times and they kept resetting the account and told me ''try again after 24 hours'' and I just couldent be asked to call again. It wants me to go to a dealer which is pretty far from me. All personal details match car details but no idea what the problem is.

what car details are you trying to add (the basics should be there from the car reg. no)? My understanding of it is that certain things actually do require verification by a dealer.

If the car info you input has been input before by someone else then you have to verify via your dealer that the car is yours and as so are entitled to view the information stored, For your dealer to verify you they will need proof of ID and proof of ownership usually the V5 registration document.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links