Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Time.

Phil White

My 2012 Aygo Go will be 3 years old next month and I do like the look of the new model. We have not been and looked at one yet having only looked on the web so far.

The Aygo x-cite looks cool so we will be going to our local dealer next weekend for a look.

I had one of the new Aygos for three days last week whilst my Auris had the tailgate struts replaced - quite impressed with it.

I had an X play mmt Aygo for a courtesy car, it doesn't feel like a 1 litre engine; its smoother and slightly quieter too.

Well everyone I have just ordered my new model. I decided to get the Aygo Expression in White and chose to have the optional satnav. Expected delivery will be on February 20th.

My daughter is collecting the new Aygo Excite in that nice orange colour this Friday so will be taking a look at that on Saturday when we go to see her.

I was pleased with the deal that my local Toyota dealer gave me.

Looking forward to driving it.........

• Like 1

Congratulations - I'm sure both of you will be pleased with the Aygos.

Hi Phil,

I've just ordered the X-pression in white, too. Delivery in early March. Super excited!

you do seem to get a lot of kit in the aygo expression for the money compared to other cars of similar size. I think it'll be high up in my choice when my lease is up in two years.

Well the delivery did not go as planned. When I got to the dealer yesterday I smelt a rat that something was wrong. My new car was nowhere to be seen when I parked up and walked over to the showroom. I walked in and explained I was here to collect my new car and was asked to take a seat. I showed them my insurance documents as it has 12 months free insurance so I aranged this about a week in advance. The Lady took my documents and a few minutes later I was greeted by a pleasent man who said my car was not ready to take away as they had not yet registered the tax although it's free on the new model.

So I was then put in a loan car with deep apologies from the dealer and was told to come back on Monday evening when it will be ready.

It turns out they thought I was collecting it the week after but the mistake is on their part.

Anyway I look forward to my new car tomorrow.

They still have to register the car for the tax to take effect - whether or not the cost of the tax is £0.

Hope everything goes OK tomorrow.

Frosty balls I am aware of the tax situation. Some people however think there is nothing to be done lol. I will post back on here tomorrow evening when I have got home it it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

I've just ordered the X-pression in white, too. Delivery in early March. Super excited!

Have you got your new car yet.

Yes! Picked it up Friday evening. Very happy with is. Smells new and drives very smoothly. The X-shift changes very smoothly, and is great in stop-start traffic. When I approach a roundabout, I use the paddle shifters to drop a gear, so I can be ready to accelerate. When you change down with the paddle, the ECU 'blips' the throttle motorbike style, to match engine and road speeds, so you don't get the sudden deceleration 'nod'. Lovely and quiet on the motorway. The multimedia screen with DAB radio, reversing camera and X-Nav is very easy to use. The system immediately paired with my Sony Xperia via bluetooth, and mirrors the phone's screen.

I jacked the car up with my trolley jack and axle stands on Saturday, and treated the car to a full Waxoyl spray underneath. Now I'm just driving and enjoying it.

Jon

Can I ask you a question regarding the x-nav. Does yours speak out road names etc as mine just says turn left etc. not turn left on to high street for example. I am just interested to know.

I haven't used it to navigate to an address yet (just used it in 'free driving' mode), so I haven't heard the voice yet, but I'll get back to you on that.

OK no problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yep, mine is the same as yours. Says 'turn left' etc. and shows the street name on the screen, but doesn't speak the street name.

Well I think it is very poor for a modern technology that in my opinion has gone backwards. I have a good mind to write to Toyota regarding this. I think the most basic currently available Tom tom has more for your money.

On a side note, I am going to try and bluetooth my tomtom to the audio of the car and see if that works.

I don't find it annoys me, though as you say, it would be nice to have the street name read out too.

With all my dabbling on other topics on this forum I forgot to say... Aygo x-pression on order should be delivered to dealer 26th March.

Spec Silver Splash with keyless & navigation.

So a sad goodbye to my excellent iQ and hello a new era.

I got a really good quote from Carwow for a discount of 8.1% on the price of the Aygo and my local dealer matched the offer.

I did try the x-wave but wasn't over impressed by the roof. Having had several convertibles I though it looked a bit fragile and it would wear badly and be very noisy especially when partially deployed. Still a nice option that I'm sure many will enjoy but I decided against it.

Should be great! I was tempted by the keyless ignition. From memory, it is part of a pack that includes something else? I've always liked the IQ, but it looked a little wide. The Aygo is narrower, but longer, so you should be able to get through narrower gaps, which is handy round my way, with all the narrow lanes and oncoming (or parked) cars.

Should be great! I was tempted by the keyless ignition. From memory, it is part of a pack that includes something else? I've always liked the IQ, but it looked a little wide. The Aygo is narrower, but longer, so you should be able to get through narrower gaps, which is handy round my way, with all the narrow lanes and oncoming (or parked) cars.

yes smart entry and keyless ignition come with climate control - all things the iQ had and I would miss.

In fact the only thing I will miss is power folding mirrors - which due to it's width the iQ needed!

I miss the rain sensing wipers more than I thought I would, since going from my iQ3 to the Aygo x-clusiv. I've got used to not having smart entry and no push-button start. I really wanted it though, but on the x-clusiv it's part of a pack that includes leather seats, which I didn't want.

I picked up my x-pression today.

So far so good. Very positive first impression. I does look great in silver, the first one the dealer had sold apparently.

The sports seats are great and have good lateral support and the whole car seems handle well in corners and seems to me to be better over uneven road surfaces then the iQ

The keyless entry works slightly differntly in that there is a button on the door handle rather than touch sensors. But at least that means it will work with gloves on.

A proper interior light and a glove box are a welcome change from the iQ but the interior light doesn't come on as you approach the vehicle at night , which is a shame.

Negatives?

The controls on the steering wheel and the window buttons aren't illuminated. A strange and bizarre omission and is really penny pinching cheapness. I'm amazed it got through design reviews. Maybe they were to busy creating the ludicrous "go fun Yourself" tag line LOL.

And the touchscreen is really good but the player doesn't appear to show cover art when playing from usb memory.....

Finally rear camera is excellent at showing me if any of my chickens are behind me when I reverse out !.

Glad you like it. That report agrees with my experience of the Xpression. The seats are comfortable and offer good lateral support. The suspension soaks up road bumps better than my previous car (new Picanto), and the road noise is better suppressed. The multi-media touch screen works quickly and intuitively. I have the X-shift, which works well, and seems to know what gear to be in under a range of different conditions. It has paddle-shifters on the steering wheel too, for when I want to be Lewis Hamilton :)

Gave the car a good wash and polish, including the alloys.There's a clunk coming from the left rear of the car. I've booked it in to be checked. Otherwise, very happy.

Glad you like it. That report agrees with my experience of the Xpression. The seats are comfortable and offer good lateral support. The suspension soaks up road bumps better than my previous car (new Picanto), and the road noise is better suppressed. The multi-media touch screen works quickly and intuitively. I have the X-shift, which works well, and seems to know what gear to be in under a range of different conditions. It has paddle-shifters on the steering wheel too, for when I want to be Lewis Hamilton :)

Gave the car a good wash and polish, including the alloys.There's a clunk coming from the left rear of the car. I've booked it in to be checked. Otherwise, very happy.

After my first proper drive I continue to be impressed. Handling is particularly good.

I've now had chance to use the SAT NAV.

It is ok and in my opinion far better that having wires and things stuck to poles in the cabin.

A couple of screaming errors that beggar belief.

As previously mentioned no clock in nav mode and if you hold your hands on the wheel at 10 to 2 the speed limit icon is obscured by your left hand. Neither of these things should have got past basic UX (user experience) testing.

But these are niggles. It's a fine car and I'm not missing the iQ ...... Yet !

Ps. The knocking is probably the key for the wheel nuts rattling in the boot. Mine did the same on the way home !!!!

Worth just checking.