Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Time.

Phil White

The wheel nut key is wrapped in a sock in the glove box :) I think the clunk is something bigger. Going in on the 1st, so I'll post back on here after that. The brakes squeal slightly under very light braking at low speed, so they're going to sort them out too.

The wheel nut key is wrapped in a sock in the glove box :) I think the clunk is something bigger. Going in on the 1st, so I'll post back on here after that. The brakes squeal slightly under very light braking at low speed, so they're going to sort them out too.

My brakes are squeaking too.

Thanks, Phil. I'll mention to them that others have the same issue.

Interesting that you're reporting a knock/clunk from the rear, my X-Clusive does the same (NSR). I replaced the plastic boot tray containing the sealant, wheel-nut key, and compressor with a spacesaver spare and ensured everything was secure, and have stuck the rear seatbelt buckles into their slots so they don'r rattle, but the clonk is still there. I'd be interested to hear whether the garage make any comment about the noise when you take it in.

Thanks, SJP. Looks like two common issues then. I'll mention that to them.

Nearly a week on and still enjoying the new car. I have a very short commute so long distance performance is yet to be established.

A few observations. I always park in the same place which requires me to do a u- turn in a residential road. First point. The iQ went round in one – a lot of to-ing fro-ing with the Aygo – so the turning circle is noticeably bigger.

The boot took quite a big shop as it quite deep which was a surprise as it looks tiny and it took a huge bag of chicken feed as well ( but not at the same time!)

Driving experience still impresses and I love the sound of the engine which I think has a bit more of a growl than the iQ

The gearbox has very close ratios and I keep missing gears and the clutch catches very low – so there is still a lot of over revving and a couple of stalls –but I’ll get used to it. It think the design favours city driving/ crawling in traffic – which I haven’t really done yet.

I’ve had no problems with starting. Press the button and it fires up instantly, hot or cold, just like the iQ .

Aside from previously posted niggles a couple more come to mind. I agree the DAB radio truncated non scrolling “Now Playing …… ” is quite a disappointment – but may be more to do with a character limit in DAB than anything Toyota have done. And I cannot get cover art to display when playing from USB despite having a jpg in the album folder. I'm beginning to think it can't do this as all example I have seem where cover art is displayed the unit is linked to an iPod or phone.

The SAT NAV failed to lock onto satellites the other day and got completely lost. I think it crashed as the map didn’t look right as no road names were displayed. I’m not giving up on it yet as the first time you use a SAT NAV system it can take a while to configure itself (and download something called the Almanac which can take 45 minutes) – I guess it may be wishful think that a dealer that forgot to put the Map SD card in when I picked up the car would think to do this! But the last couple of times I’ve used it it takes about 30 – 45 seconds to lock on to GPS.. There appears to be no way to reboot/reset navigation if it does crash other than to stop and start the car as far as I can see. There is a factory reset but that is something different.

There is a bit of an issue with the design of the dashboard and it’s body coloured insert. I have a big distracting silver reflection in the driver/passenger windows superimposed on my wing mirrors. Not great but a niggle and a good example of style getting in the way of practicality.

Everyone that sees it comments on its dramatic styling and one comment that “its look like its about to be a Transformer” means Toyota have hit the spot with the young demographic
I guess. But at the same time missed it completely as I’m in my 50’s !

I have to agree that the X-Aygo's turning circle isn't nearly as good as the older model, perhaps due to the wheel-size increase (155x14 to 165x15), and it does mean that now it's just normal rather than exceptionally tight.

After extensive reading on the multi-media system I've come to the conclusion that album-art is only available when using an iPod, I've not tried it but I think there's a similar limitation with video-playback.

I've had a problem with a USB3 flashdrive (64Gb) which was extremely lethargic in updating on the multimedia system (taking well over half an hour to show a track listing) and would report multiple copies of the same tracks. I've since switched to a USB2 flashdrive (same capacity) and it now updates 16Gb of music in a couple of minutes and I've had no problems with duplicated files. USB3 devices should be backwards compatible, but I wonder whether there's some sort of imcompatibility in Toyota's system?

the player doesn't appear to show cover art when playing from usb memory.

Have you enabled the display cover art option in the settings?

I have to agree that the X-Aygo's turning circle isn't nearly as good as the older model, perhaps due to the wheel-size increase (155x14 to 165x15), and it does mean that now it's just normal rather than exceptionally tight.

After extensive reading on the multi-media system I've come to the conclusion that album-art is only available when using an iPod, I've not tried it but I think there's a similar limitation with video-playback.

I've had a problem with a USB3 flashdrive (64Gb) which was extremely lethargic in updating on the multimedia system (taking well over half an hour to show a track listing) and would report multiple copies of the same tracks. I've since switched to a USB2 flashdrive (same capacity) and it now updates 16Gb of music in a couple of minutes and I've had no problems with duplicated files. USB3 devices should be backwards compatible, but I wonder whether there's some sort of imcompatibility in Toyota's system?

I use this 64GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruzer-Fit-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-016G-B35/dp/B005FYNSZA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1427887924&sr=8-8&keywords=sandisk+usb+sticks

Incredibly small and fast it works well with the Aygo. In fact once inserted into the slot, it is practically invisible !

the player doesn't appear to show cover art when playing from usb memory.

Have you enabled the display cover art option in the settings?

I'm fairly certain that setup box is checked - but I'll double check - thanks.

That's the same flashdisk I use successfully, this is the USB3 one which I had trouble with.

The Aygo MM manual does not indicate cover-art is an option with USB (page 54) or bluetooth (page 62) audio, instead the space where cover-art may be displayed is listed as a touch-switch to access the file-list. With iPod audio, the manual shows cover-art along with iPod video on page 57. There is a comment elsewhere in the manual about ID3 tags which can contain art , but I've not come across and MP3 files with embedded artwork but perhaps they will work?

That's the same flashdisk I use successfully, this is the USB3 one which I had trouble with.

The Aygo MM manual does not indicate cover-art is an option with USB (page 54) or Bluetooth (page 62) audio, instead the space where cover-art may be displayed is listed as a touch-switch to access the file-list. With iPod audio, the manual shows cover-art along with iPod video on page 57. There is a comment elsewhere in the manual about ID3 tags which can contain art , but I've not come across and MP3 files with embedded artwork but perhaps they will work?

That's interesting .. looking at my Amazon order history , It looks like is in fact the USB 3.0 you link to that I appear to be using without any problems

Get my new Aygo tom evening and i cant wait, saw it this evening in the show room and it looks so bling!

Excellent news, enjoy your new car. Please don't let my wittering about minor problems detract from your excitement.

My problem was I spent too much time worrying about what it didn't have compared to the IQ rather than concentrating on its unique character - it's a great little car

As long as it starts and runs its got more features than my current car so I'll be happy lol

I forgot to update the 'knocking from the nearside rear' question. I took my car in, and they found out that both rear shock absorbers are faulty internally. They've ordered replacements, which should arrive after the Easter weekend. As to the squealing brakes, he said they will bed in over time. Not convinced..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links