Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Discontinued

MccLtd

My second IQ is comming up to it's third birthday and so my mind drifted to thoughts of getting a lovely new one and therefore logged in to the Toyota website. What a shock! No Tardis in the list of cars. A little more digging and lo & behold, the dread word "Discontinued"!

I have had 4 Yarises until I fell in love with the IQ., the reference to the "Tardis" comes from all my friends who have travelled in my car.

My husband (6'3) loves driving it, we took it touring Ireland where it's ability to turn on a sixpence was much appreciated. But where to now? The Aygo does not have a 1.3 engine option and a Yaris with the same spec as IQ3 will cost me over £17k. Bye bye Totota.

Why not just keep your iQ then?

My second IQ is comming up to it's third birthday and so my mind drifted to thoughts of getting a lovely new one and therefore logged in to the Toyota website. What a shock! No Tardis in the list of cars. A little more digging and lo & behold, the dread word "Discontinued"!

I have had 4 Yarises until I fell in love with the IQ., the reference to the "Tardis" comes from all my friends who have travelled in my car.

My husband (6'3) loves driving it, we took it touring Ireland where it's ability to turn on a sixpence was much appreciated. But where to now? The Aygo does not have a 1.3 engine option and a Yaris with the same spec as IQ3 will cost me over £17k. Bye bye Totota.

And those of us who love a proper automatic can't stand those dreadful automated manuals that many French manufacturers love and have found their way into Toyota too. We love the local Toyota dealers (having an IQ and Prius), but the Prius is about £6k more than when we bought it 5 years ago (other similar cars haven't gone up anywhere near as much) and the new Aygo, whilst a nice car, just seems childish with that TerraHawks X on the front.

Not everyone who wants a small city car is under 21.

Don't get me going about that gaping gob on the new Yaris. Wtf were they thinking? More black plastic than a branch of Dixons in 1987!

Toyota have been making some strange decisions of late.

• Like 1

We bought a one year old Aspiration for about € 12.000 euro's... mileage was about 9.000 kilometers. As it's value as a new car, this was .. about € 16.500 euro's (expensive extra's).

So that is a value drop of € 4.000 in just one year... I find that a lot of money going down in one year.

And @Grumpy.... most iQ drivers in owr town are "eldery people" ... not the young hipsters... they wanted their Fiat 500 or maybe a Mini ...

And yes the new Aygo is terrible in its looks. I like the French 108 much more... only that dreadful automatic... man, that is a shame...

And @Grumpy.... most iQ drivers in owr town are "eldery people" ... not the young hipsters... they wanted their Fiat 500 or maybe a Mini ...

And yes the new Aygo is terrible in its looks. I like the French 108 much more... only that dreadful automatic... man, that is a shame...

Yeah there are a few oldies in the IQ in my town and lots of Mini's and 500's, though the latter haven't been selling lately as they don't go up hills; not a problem in Holland, but a bit of an issue in Yorkshire :)

The Fiat 500, a car that can't drive up a hill; http://www.raccars.co.uk/news/article/3038/fiat-500-can-not-get-up-hills

http://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/fiat-500-powerful-enough-hills-says-bbcs-watchdog-1107954951

We were both looking at the Pug 108 as an IQ replacement, but that automatic put us right off. The French make great small cars, but can't make an automatic. Toyota could, but no longer use CVT.

Maybe our next small car will be a hybrid or even an electric as at least they have a proper auto. Toyota were going to make an EV but have gone down the hydrogen route. A £60k Prius with 12 filling stations in a population of 70 million ain't gonna work.

Toyota have been making some strange decisions of late.

& yet Aygo sales are up, Yaris sales are up, Auris sales are up, Rav4 sales are up & overall sales are up ...

How about this, if anyone fancy a change... built by Yamaha, design by Gordon Murray (Mclaren F1 road car designer) , but no date confirm yet

post-145797-0-42283800-1424140120_thumb.

post-145797-0-08500400-1424140137_thumb.

post-145797-0-37215300-1424140152_thumb.

iQ lease ends in 3 months so looking for a replacement. After a lifetime spent driving bangers I’m now enjoying leasing and getting a new car every 3 years so I am reluctant to keep the “ageing” iQ. I have looked at the Aygo and booked a test drive. It is quite “young man’s car” I guess, but looks a lot more refined in some colours i.e. metallic grey. The interior in particular, with all its exposed paint work, looks particularly good in that colour. I am also waiting to see an X-Wave with its fold back roof before I make the final decision and maybe place an order. I can get the Aygo with Keyless and auto climate so that at least puts it on a par with the things I like about the iQ. Technology wise the Aygo is from another planet compared to the iQ with it’s touch screen etc. I quite like that. So jury out at the moment. Lease costs for a “fully loaded “ X- wave are quite good as the iQ was very expensive. But no power folding mirrors available – which is a real shame as King of the confined parking space I use them a lot.

• Like 1

How about this, if anyone fancy a change... built by Yamaha, design by Gordon Murray (Mclaren F1 road car designer) , but no date confirm yet

Developed from the T25 -

gordon-murray-design-t25-minicar_1003150

• Like 1

iQ lease ends in 3 months so looking for a replacement. After a lifetime spent driving bangers I’m now enjoying leasing and getting a new car every 3 years so I am reluctant to keep the “ageing” iQ. I have looked at the Aygo and booked a test drive. It is quite “young man’s car” I guess, but looks a lot more refined in some colours i.e. metallic grey. The interior in particular, with all its exposed paint work, looks particularly good in that colour. I am also waiting to see an X-Wave with its fold back roof before I make the final decision and maybe place an order. I can get the Aygo with Keyless and auto climate so that at least puts it on a par with the things I like about the iQ. Technology wise the Aygo is from another planet compared to the iQ with it’s touch screen etc. I quite like that. So jury out at the moment. Lease costs for a “fully loaded “ X- wave are quite good as the iQ was very expensive. But no power folding mirrors available – which is a real shame as King of the confined parking space I use them a lot.

Fold back roof's don't work very well in the UK! Are you sure you want the grief of possible water leaks, security issues etc??

I have had several trouble free convertibles and quite frankly miss having one. Aygo X-Wave isn't a full convertible and I would be surprise if it leaks. Only security issue is if you leave the car with the roof open. The mistake many make in the UK is to open/drop the roof in blazing sunshine. The worst thing to do and extremely uncomfortable in stationary traffic. If you park it in summer with the roof down you wont be able to touch the steering wheel when you get back in ( or sit in the leather seats). Roof up/ Aircon on every time. Cool summer evenings, frosty mornings and at night are spectacular driving with the roof down.

• Like 1

Quote from a 2013 article in the Telegraph:

"Britain’s love affair with the convertible car – we buy more than the French, Spanish and Italians, trailing only the Germans in Europe – is perfectly reasonable in the midst of a heatwave, but in the context of our year-round climate our enthusiasm for al fresco motoring does seem a little odd. “Convertibles are actually better suited to a milder climate rather than hot, arid conditions where you can keep much cooler and less sunburnt in an air-conditioned hardtop,” reckons Steve Ashdown of Convertible Car Magazine."

• Like 1

Quote from a 2013 article in the Telegraph:

"Britain’s love affair with the convertible car – we buy more than the French, Spanish and Italians, trailing only the Germans in Europe – is perfectly reasonable in the midst of a heatwave, but in the context of our year-round climate our enthusiasm for al fresco motoring does seem a little odd. “Convertibles are actually better suited to a milder climate rather than hot, arid conditions where you can keep much cooler and less sunburnt in an air-conditioned hardtop,” reckons Steve Ashdown of Convertible Car Magazine."

What he said.

You see relatively few convertibles in Spain, Greece etc ( but lots of iQs in Crete!)

I had a SAAB 9-3 convertible which excelled when it was frosty outside. Such a good design you could motor along all day when it was below zero outside but it remained extremely comfortable in the cabin ... in part due to the wind deflector over the back seats....

The SAAB also had a ridiculously complex roof mechanism that worked faultlessly for 12 years. One hopes the relatively simple slidey roof in the Aygo is as reliable. ...

there is a suggestion that Lexus is developing a city car (some even suggest that it is based on an IQ a la AM Cygnet - which I doubt) but I doubt that it will be out in 3 months ...

Interestingly, whilst scanning through some other forums I found a thread bemoaning the lack of "mini" hot hatches.

• Like 1

there is a suggestion that Lexus is developing a city car (some even suggest that it is based on an IQ a la AM Cygnet - which I doubt) but I doubt that it will be out in 3 months ...

Interestingly, whilst scanning through some other forums I found a thread bemoaning the lack of "mini" hot hatches.

Could be where the rumoured co-development with BMW comes in - which may provide BMW with their Mini Minor and Lexus with a city car.

Could be where the rumoured co-development with BMW comes in - which may provide BMW with their Mini Minor and Lexus with a city car.

http://driving.ca/mini/auto-news/news/mini-minor-could-arrive-as-early-as-2018

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links