Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Tyre Pressure?

dexgotabigone

Hi i was pumping my tyres up earlier and it says max pressure is 50psi on a 225/17 so i decided to pump all 4 tyres to 40 psi is this about correct? what tyre pressure do you have thanks

what does it say on the plate/sticker of the driver's door slam panel (or the ,manual)?

I'm not sure but I've always gone with what the tyre says . It says max psi 50 so I just pumped them to 40 psi cheers

50 psi is the maximum that the manufacturer recommends that tyre could be inflated to, not the pressure that Toyota uses.

Off the cuff I would say something like 30 is nearer the mark

An over inflated tyre will cause excessive wear to the centre of the tread as well as reducing the amount of rubber on the road and give a more harsh ride

Del

a quick Google suggests that it will be in the 30-32psi area.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information guys will get them deflated to 35 psi tomorrow while going to buy my auto gym HD wax

40 psi is Waaaay too high..!!...and 35 is a bit high too...bring them down to 32..where they should be for normal everyday running.

Neil