Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tools

booster76

Avensis 2.0 petrol 1998 can someone tell me how many litres of oil it holds including the filter, sparkplugs any special plug tools? Sump plug hex or spanner? I'm servicing this vehicle for a friend but don't have the car to hand until the day to check these many thanks Sid

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sid, Hope this is not too late.

No special tools needed, just spanners and a good socket set.

The oil capacity for the 2.0 petrol is 3.9 litres with filter, 3.7 litres without. Sump plug needs a 14mm spanner or socket.

Change the fibre washer before replacing the sump plug, to reduce chance of leak. These washers are cheap easy to obtain from hardware stores. The dimensions of the washer are 22mm diameter with a 12mm centre hole.

Only use fibre and avoid copper washers which do leak.

I have the handbook and Haynes manual and the info is the same.

Spark plugs need 16mm spark plug socket and long extension to reach the plugs. Try to buy genuine Denso plugs PK20TR11 or NGK BKR6EKPB11. Both are platinum tipped. The non-platinum versions of both plugs do not have "P" in the part numbers.

The service should be routine and also change the air filter, which is cheap if you go to places like Eurocarparts.

I think this was missed because it was not in the Avensis forum.

Konrad

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links