Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4D Water Pump

james.s

Hi all, I know this may already be on here but I can't find it. I have an 2005 avensis 2.0 d4d. Can anyone tell me if they have a stand alone water pump or connected to the timing belt. From what I've seen the 2.2 has a stand alone water pump and the 2.0 is connected to the timing belt. If someone knows which it is and what pulley it runs of, it would be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

gallery_86471_1081_64001.jpg

if you have this engine 1cd-ftv your water pump is ran of the timing belt

Cheers mate thanks for the reply everyone I asked or on the internet I was getting different answers

• Like 1

I own this very engine and look after two others. the pump is bit of a pain to remove as you have to remove the fuel pump pulley to remove.

at 2mins 56 you will see him removing the pulley

this is what the pump looks like.

TOYOTA-Avensis-20-TD-1CD-FTV-D4D-1CD-ENG

That's well beyond my capability. If it had of been the stand alone pump I would of tried it but that's just to much. Best video I've seen of the job.

its a big job- best to do it when doing timing belt.

sorry for pitching in

ive had my avensis for 2 years with the 1cd-ftv engine.

Great engine btw but anyhoo

don't have any definitive history on last tbelt or wp change apart from a tbelt sticker only under the bonnet suggesting it was done around 20k miles ago.but that's just hearsay.

So time to put my mind at rest and just get them done

I am a plant service engineer and have pullers etc but just looking for a heads up on sourcing quality parts and aftermarket parts to avoid ( if any)

I will get parts direct from a Toyota dealer if reqd but ive seen deliverys from dingbro and ecp to Arnold clark franchises in my region and wouldn't like to pay dealer prices when I can get trade aftermarket prices from these factors in the first place.

thanks in advance

I got my parts from euro car parts not sure if they have any branches where you are but they always stock good after market parts and have never heard anyone complain about there products. New timing belt kit water pump drive belt alternator belt and anti freeze about £250

• Like 1

any known brand should be ok-

gates waterpump was stamped AISIN so was the original,

ADL bearings and tensioners were made by NTN and NSK so are original.

Dayco's bearings were NSK too. belt was made by Dayco.

the SKF kit had a gates belt but bearings made by SKF.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 2/6/2015 at 12:50 PM, avensisd4d786 said:

I own this very engine and look after two others. the pump is bit of a pain to remove as you have to remove the fuel pump pulley to remove.

at 2mins 56 you will see him removing the pulley

this is what the pump looks like.

http://thumbs2.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/281317112185_/TOYOTA-Avensis-20-TD-1CD-FTV-D4D-1CD-ENGINE.jpg

Hi I have the same problem I believe do you fancy looking after a third!!? Obviously paid 👍🏽