Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Obnoxious Corolla Owner Who Would Not Take Advice About Checking Oil W

Konrad C

Today I met the most obnoxious Corolla owner at a petrol station - Asda Charlton.

I won't describe him by his race or nationality as this does not matter, but he is aged about late sixties.

This man went to check the oil level of his car after just stopping. He had checked the dipstick and was repeating the process, so I called to him to say the engine is too hot to get a proper reading.

Well he went into one saying how long he had been driving and also he used to be a mechanic. He said he don't need anyone telling him what to do.

I was only trying to offer friendly advice and told him so. I was polite cannot understand his hostility or problems.

Ne needs to chill because we have enough problem in this world without his attitude.

I could have been rude back to him and said 'I hope the vvti seizes because you read the oil level wrong', but I didn't. Also I could add, if that is the way you work in the garage, how many cars have you wreck!?

I hope this man is not be a member this owners club, but if he is and reads this or reads this as a guest, you will remember the polite Avensis man you had a go at for no reason. Have some humility.

Rant over, now to try and help nice people

• Like 2

don't worry about its his loss, this forum wouldn't be the same without people like you :thumbsup::cheers:

• Like 1

I'm afraid some people just don't deserve any help ......

• Like 1

don't worry about its his loss, this forum wouldn't be the same without people like you :thumbsup::cheers:

I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I tend to listen to advice even if I probably know what I am being told as things move on so there is always the chance of learning something new,but there is always someone who feels that they know it all and take offence with a malicious streak But by no means all, mate

On the other side of the coin it is possible to check the oil then if you make allowances and who knows his engine could have been oil thirsty, but still no excuse for him giving you an ear bashing

Don't give up Konrad, just forget the miserable sod

Del

• Like 1

Thanks Guys.

We live in a world with a lot of troubles and some parts of society seem to be getting selfish.

I have to admit that this forum has great people and I like being part of this.

Thinking about it now, I doubt that person is part of this forum.

Last year I helped a total stranger who happened to be Dyslexic, sort issues with fuses in his Mercedes. He was in Halfords and was going to buy fuses he did not need. He was a very grateful man.

So most times you meet very appreciative people and meet the occasional ungrateful, selfish person.

Oh well you live and learn.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Keep up the good work and ignore those that are best ignored.

One incident that occurred recently: HGV parked fully on the pavement (A515 Buxton) so an approaching mobility scooter user was likely to be forced into oncoming traffic, and she was complaining loudly about this. I turned back went up to the driver to mention this, but he said, in perfectly reasonable manner, he had a breakdown and was stuck. Turned round to speak to the waiting mobility scooter user, when she drove at me and snapped at me "get out of my way, I need to get past". Was so stunned I forgot to say anything retaliatory. Old gits come in various guises:)

• 1 month later...

Oh so that was you then in the petrol station, I felt like ramming that dipstick right up......

Nah I know what you mean though some people just won't listen to anyone as they know it all already. I probably would have tried to do the same by suggesting he may like to give the oil a chance to drain but no doubt I'd have got the same response.

I remember at work I was talking to another driver about taking an order off the truck,everything is in cages,while parked on a gradient. He was telling me of the blocks of wood he intended to use to stop 2 of the 3 lines of cages rolling towards the back door when they're unstrapped to which I suggested the much simpler idea of at a previous stop when level strap up the main bulk towards the cab end as normal but strap the one or two cages seperately right down at the tail lift end so you are only letting the ones you need loose instead of all 30 on a hill but no his plan of chocking the wheels of the rest with wooden blocks to hold 29 full cages facing downhill, gravity poised to hurl them at speed right out the back door. Why risk the entire load breaking loose with bits of wood when you don't need to.

Some people will take offence at being given advice because it implies you think they are thick but that's in their head.. how do anu of us learn but from others.

Least you tried Konrad, it's more than most would bother to do :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links