Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger Side Seat Belt Bleeper Disabling

sparky2076

hi,is there any way to disable the passenger side seatbelt warning bleeper?without going down the soldering on PCB etc ,just an input code the same as drivers side.Yes i know seatbelts should be worn at all times and it's the law but at my workplace we av to go through a couple of gates which passenger gets out to open and it gets annoying in between.not a life changing problem in great scheme of things but there you go ,any info??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=seat+belt+extenders&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=32638430465&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2591569691282762721&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5nfnfvrao1_e

If you Google Seat Belt Extenders you will see loads of sites like these above. If you then tell then exactly what your car is, draw around the shape of your current seat belt buckles and carefully measure all the dimensions, then scan/fax then paper to the company you have chosen you can get clip in extenders that will silence the buzzer. The shape of what arrives might not be exactly the same shape as your originals but they seem to click in ok. In my experience Toyota dealers can do it with their computer software Techstream but are reluctant to do so are charge a lot of money to do it.

Mike

The seat pad incorporates a pressure switch which forms part of the loom connection to the seat. Disconnecting/disabling the relevant wiring can't be that difficult? The wiring to the seat also includes the side airbag so be careful. The simplest solution would be to bridge the wiring which goes to the seat belt retainer. Creating a closed circuit will suffice.

Why can you not just plug in your seatbelt before you sit in the seat. It would save any disabling.

Another pretty simple solution would be to fasten the seatbelt when no one is sitting and jus sit yourself over it.

If your car is a T27 the beep can be switched off using Techstream software and a compatable OBD2 cable. It doesn't switch off the flashing light, only the beep. I bought a cheap version from eBay just for this, I would've paid Toyota to do it but the dealer refused.

Alan - I also need to do this - would you care to send me (or post) a link to the auction you used so that I know what I get will work on my T27.

Cheers

Gary

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links