Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Mr2

arrowni

Hi folks, just joined and seeking some advice. I am not mechanically minded at all so please treat me as the village idiot :). Anyway after years of wanting I finally bought my dream car, an MR2....Its a 2001, 86k miles and 1 owner. THe car is in good shape and the only history I know about the car is that in recent months it hasnt been used apart from going for the MOT and a few local runs so the car was nearly always on empty regarding fuel. I had a test drive and fell in love with it, so I bought it. After filling it with petrol the engine management light came on after about 2 or 3 miles. I phoned the car dealer and he said it was highly likely some dirt had got into fiter or something with it sitting around for so long with little fuel in it. The light is still on but the car is driving great, very nippy, no chugging or anything like it. Anyone any ideas what it could have been as it only passed he MOT end of January. I am from N.Irealnd and they are strict here when it comes to an MOT.....Any other advice regarding my new car would be greatly appreciated. It is panther black in colour. Thanks in advance.

Hello Steven - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Apologies, I posted this elsewhere in forum but it should have been here. Hi folks, just joined and seeking some advice. I am not mechanically minded at all so please treat me as the village idiot :). Anyway after years of wanting I finally bought my dream car, an MR2....Its a 2001, 86k miles and 1 owner. The car is in good shape and the only history I know about the car is that in recent months it hasnt been used apart from going for the MOT and a few local runs so the car was nearly always on empty regarding fuel. I had a test drive and fell in love with it, so I bought it. After filling it with petrol the engine management light came on after about 2 or 3 miles. I phoned the car dealer and he said it was highly likely some dirt had got into fiter or something with it sitting around for so long with little fuel in it. The light is still on but the car is driving great, very nippy, no chugging or anything like it. Anyone any ideas what it could have been as it only passed he MOT end of January. I am from N.Irealnd and they are strict here when it comes to an MOT.....Any other advice regarding my new car would be greatly appreciated. It is panther black in colour. Thanks in advance.