Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disappointing Low Mpg

byzantian

Well, I have to say I do not understand my car and the mpg figures. Certainly it must have something to do with longer journeys stuck behind slow moving a-holes and trucks. From as low as 48mpg, to a 61mpg last time, and now the most recent (today) is 65mpg.

Fuel-up Added - Best Tank! Congratulations, this tank is your best so far at 65.0 UK MPG!
Details-

MPG: 54.1 / UK MPG: 65.0
    mi/L: 14.3
    Miles: 252.5
    Litres: 17.66
    Price: £1.16/Litre
    Total: £20.52

Highest I ever got was 68 something MPG, I probably ****** off a lot of people at the time. A run to sound-end a few days ago saw me 60 MPG without trying too much, accelerating to 60-70 MPH as normal and then just trying to keep RPM below 2k (CVT).

Normal 30-40mph roads around my area see me to a solid 37-39 MPG average. Perhaps it is time to move to a Yaris Hybrid or something.

• 3 years later...

I get 35 around town and 45 on a run from my 1.33 auto. With the small fuel tank this is annoying but the only downside. Other running costs are negligible apart from depreciation.