Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Widest Tyres On Aygo Fire Alloys?

Stevec427

I am in need of new tyres for my 2012 Aygo Fire. Just wondered if any members had put wider tyres on these stock alloys?

I can't afford new alloys but want a little more grip! Someone said 175/65 R14 should be ok....

Any suggestions most welcomed!!

Thanks guys!

post-143892-0-89605500-1423842973_thumb.

if they are 4.5J then according to the below you are pretty much near the limit (165) already. It suggests that 175s should be on a 5-6.5J

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

Grip isn't just down to tyre width though (compound pattern etc.).

& if you do change let your insurance company know.

Could go for a compromise with 165/65R14's and a different tyre with a better EU rating for wet grip (although this may be at some expense in fuel economy, depending what tyre you have on currently).

For example Falken Sincera SN832 Ecorun's in 165/65/R14 and 155/65/R14 have an A rating for wet grip, but an E for fuel economy.

If you have Continental Eco Contact 3's currently they are rated B for wet grip and E for fuel economy; if you have Premium Contacts they are rated C and C; if you have Michelin Energy these are B and E (rating for the latest EB3).

The other thing to consider is what tread depth your current tyres have - if getting near to 3mm, most new tyres will provide better grip.

Again, if you go for a wider tyre, inform your insurance company.