Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid 2015 (Excel) Sound System

RyanBorg

Hi Guys

Does anyone know what Speakers come with the EXCEL version please.. i was thinking of upgrading.. but i am not sure if it has an amp already in the car and if an amp/woofer can be fitted with the touch screen head unit..

any info is greatly appreciated as there seems to be very little to no information that i could find.

Depends on what country the UK gets a standard 6 speaker setup but in the continent there is an optional upgrade that includes JBL amp, Speakers and subwoofer

Car is made in UK factory so i guess they are standard thanks

Think we've said this to you before. The European production centre for C sector hatchbacks (currently the Auris) is the UK plant - so the fact yours is made in the UK doesn't necessarily mean yours is made to the same spec as UK market models.

You need to check with your dealer as to what spec yours comes with.

Comes from uk made to exact UK market specs as im in Malta RHD vehicle this was confirmed by the dealer of Toyota Malta.. so there is no particular brand to the speaker just common ones.. and you dont happen to know their power output and capability of upgrading.. would it be complex or difficult to add an amp & a woofer.

The standard setup is fairly decent, believe it or not. It'll crank out Machine Head at uncomfortable volume without distortion, and the sound quality is pretty good too.

I'm having a slightly different problem. I have a TDK 32 GB USB stick which does not activate the USB port. Other sticks that I have are fine although of a smaller capacity. They all work fine on the computer. I can't understand why this one will not work in the car. TDK are usually one of the more reliable makes. Could it be that the stick capacity is too large for the radio system, although I cannot see why ?

Can't see it being the capacity. I use a cheap 64gb stick in my Auris (2015 car with Touch and Go 2 system), no problems so far.

Hi Jonny

I agree with you, the sound quality is excellent. My only problem seems to be that my USB stick wont work in my set. It works fine in other friends' cheaper cars and in my PC. Other sticks that I have are also fine in my car. This really is baffling. I'll pop down to the dealer to see if he has any ideas.

Hi Frank!

Have you tried formatting the USB stick to FAT32?

Hi Alex

It is FAT 32 enabled but just in case I wiped it clean and reformatted it to no avail. It seems to play OK on every other mp3 player that I've tried, 6 in all but for some reason it wont work on mine. I've now tried several sticks from other people of various capacities and they all work in my car. In the end I have given up and swapped it for a similar one that my son has. It works fine on his and my car and my oddball works fine on his. So, problem solved but the mystery remains.

May be the power is not enough. Does the stick have a power indicator, a led light.

Nothing so sophisticated I'm afraid. Next time I put the car in for service I'll mention the problem though.

You will need to bring the usb drive with you to show them what is happening. On our TV we have two USB inputs, one says 5V 1A(HDD), the other 5V 0,5A. Some HDD need more power to run, so they supported the 1A USB input. Maybe the problem is the same, or just something with the TDK built in software which is no liked by Toyota's system.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to a question about the sound system. Is there any documentation available on the possibility to adding an amplifier & a in boot woofer to the touchscreen head unit i can have a look at as yes the standard Speakers are ok but they lack some punch which would need and amp and a woofer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links