Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glove Bag

danny100

Hi all , i m sure many of us has bought an IQ without a glove bag, but if you look on eBay , the cheapest OEM bag i ve seen are about 70+ pounds , so i tried somit different, which is called 10.2 inch netbook bag, i ve bought one on eBay, overall side approx 12inch width , not bad for £7 :)

• Like 1

Hi all , i m sure many of us has bought an IQ without a glove bag, but if you look on eBay , the cheapest OEM bag i ve seen are about 70+ pounds , so i tried somit different, which is called 10.2 inch netbook bag, i ve bought one on eBay, overall side approx 12inch width , not bad for £7 :)

post-145797-0-56518000-1424111122_thumb.

post-145797-0-97972200-1424111140_thumb.

• Like 1

Brilliant work Danny! I want to do something similar. In my opinion the OEM part is flimsy, ugly and expensive. Yours looks great. How did you affix it to the dash, and is it easily removed?

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

I love it when people use ingenuity like this, even more so when it saves money :)

i m glad you guys like it, as i can t justify the cost of new OEM bag, btw i totally agreed what chris was mentioned above... However there are couple of way to fit it, if anyone can address the exact type of button stud, perhaps local market or a handy relative, then you can simply get the bag you like, then make a temp plate by bit of A4 paper, and place it on the back of the bag, mark it and punch, by doing this, you can clip straight on the panel... unforturnately i don t have any above luck and skill, so i decided to get some self adhesive velcro to do the job, yes it is plenty strong enough if you stick them on properly, and its still removable if you really have to,

P.S. before you stick the velcro on, i d recomend you t to wipe it clean on both panel and bag sides, perhaps with some carbrettor cleaner on kitchen towel then wipe,

please don t laugh at me if you got better idea, how fit it, :)

Danny, the press studs that will work with the cars press studs can be bought from Hobby Craft. I bought some made by a company called Prym and they are 15mm diameter, they hold well.

What netbook bag did you buy, do you have an eBay item number?

Thanks

• Like 1

Excellent idea Danny, really good idea. Especially for those of us wanting a glove bag, but not at the Mr. T cost. Still, not wanting to -but I bet it will- sound negative about this, will it, with the Samsung brand name on, attract unwanted thieving hands? I do hope not. Perhaps use something to black-out the white lettering? Love the idea though, innovation does not have to cost a lot.

:clap::toast::thumbsup:

Thanks mk1 for suggesting where the studs can be bought. I'll hopefully find a bag that compliments the red leather seats :)

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

thats the item bought from eBay, which is still active.. Chris, you may need a bit more exotic one, to go with your exotic red leather, danny

post-145797-0-62779700-1424178867_thumb.

A totally awesome idea for a sensible amount of money. Have to agree with BOB809 about the brand name attracting unwanted attention but I'm sure that can be easily sorted.

letss put it this way, once the bag is fitted it tilted down.. so the Badge won t show well, just black it bit more, can hardly see it from outside,

• Like 1

I'm wondering about buying something simple, with red trim to match my upholstery... post-141159-142435540776_thumb.jpg

Chris