Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Playing Slow

Bex1

I have recently purchased a 209 Toyota iQ and experiencing CD's playing slowly (with the inbuilt system rather than pop up on the dash).

Toyota have reset the system but it hasn't made any difference. Has anyone else had this problem?

Appreciate any responses.

Many thanks

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca

I have the standard in built radio (at the moment anyway) and haven't experienced any issues with the CD player. I assume you have tried different discs and it happens whatever the conditions?

Have you tried a recordable CD with MP3 files written to it? Not sure if you are aware but you can record 5 or 6 MP3 albums to a CD and the iQ stereo will play them.

If it still happens with different discs etc. I think it would have to be an issue with the radio unit itself. I can't see how "resetting" the rest of the car would help. It's a simple stereo so I think they probably just disconnected the Battery for a while, connected it up again, tested it and thought, works fine......

I happen to have a fully working spare stereo unit here which is available if it turns out it needs changing.

Craig.

Long shot; what's the condition of the 12v? Does the cd play slowly all time or only when in Acc mode?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links