Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A T180 Verso

philjaskew

Hi. Im looking at changing the Prius for a verso at about the simular age so 06 ish. Is there much difference between 06,07,08 verso spec. Only ask as missed reverse camera on my prius by just a few months. Also is it worth going t180 over just t-spirit?

probably under 5% of the engines within the dates will develop the issue - the problem is that you can't tell which 5% ...

Why not the 180. I plan to dpf delete, would this not solve most issues?

Deleting the DPF is not possible with out warning lights on 180's and will now fail an MOT as it is now part of the MOT test.

I believe you can fudge the signal to the ecu from the dpf which makes the car think it is there and functioning. You can then get the filter so it visually is still there. There are companies offering to do this on the 180 or if your brave you can DIY. Perhaps I've misunderstood all of this.

did you read what Frosty linked to? The potential issues are not caused by the DPF (which as Devon Aygo says you can't legally run without in the UK where originally fitted).

Forum members have advised that removal of the diesel particulate filter would now make the car non-road legal in the UK.

If you go on to remove the DPF, that and any subsequent consequences or problems arising would be your responsibility. You can't expect forum members to continue to advise on what, through your actions, would then be a non-road legal vehicle.

I read through what he linked to and I presume if your engine is affected with that issue it is covered by warentee. Surely those with the issue will be dead or fixed by now. And by checking oil levels and service history etc that should be okay. After sensing the vibe on here though perhaps I should go for t-spirit 140. Or are they problematic too. Other option is an smax

The help that Toyota provides with those vehicles affected by the head gasket problems is a goodwill measure, and this goodwill measure is only provided up to the time the vehicle is either 7 years old or has reache 111,846 miles, whichever comes first, and if the vehicle has a reasonable service history.

There is no way one can predict which vehicles will affected or when the problem may occur. There are vehicles which have been affected outside of the goodwill period.

Forum members have advised that removal of the diesel particulate filter would now make the car non-road legal in the UK.

If you go on to remove the DPF, that and any subsequent consequences or problems arising would be your responsibility. You can't expect forum members to continue to advise on what, through your actions, would then be a non-road legal vehicle.

Sorry I promise I won't remove any parts or modify my verso that I have not yet purchased. Just trying to construct informed opinions about what car to buy and what issues I may have and how I can overcome any if they arise.

Thanks for letting me know the rules though. Good to know.

I read through what he linked to and I presume if your engine is affected with that issue it is covered by warentee. Surely those with the issue will be dead or fixed by now. And by checking oil levels and service history etc that should be okay. After sensing the vibe on here though perhaps I should go for t-spirit 140. Or are they problematic too. Other option is an smax

Most should be dead now but my Verso only died 3 months ago because of this issue at 140k miles, still had a long way to go but this engine problem (Toyota's fault...... :chair: ) caused it to go way to quickly. Amazing car, I must say.

Also 1 way to see if its a oil burner is start car, (make sure its warmed up etc) pull out oil dipstick (make sure oils not spitting out, if it is dont do it) and smell it. If it smells smokey or burnt then its drinking oil, steer far away from it no matter what the owner says.

Is this just the 180 or does the 140 suffer too. Starting to think I might have to go back to drawing board. Had the 2.0 d4d 116bhp in my avensis t3s and love love loved it. Quick enough, could keep up with dad in is220d. And amazing on fuel. Never let me down and would start with broken glow plugs at - 19 degrees. Phenomenal car. Just need something I can fit 2 car seats in with room in middle.

it's a potential problem common to 2AD-FTV, 2AD-FHV (& for that matter 1AD-FTV as well) engines produced within the times mentioned.

Ahh rubbish seems they are pants too. Will try and stretch to a 2009 last of the old model to make sure it is not within the danger zone. It may not be the most reliable car but it scores better than any other mpv.

why not go for the 1.8 petrol? My Verso gave me 50 mpg on motorway run, I never serviced it, last service was at 60k miles, i drove to 140k miles, kept going and going. There was a warranty on the car, 7 year or 100k mile for new engine as mine kept drinking oil (i had to top up oil from near bottom to top every 400 - 500 miles) but I dident know about it until the engine gave up because of it 2 months ago. I did alot of research before buying mine and the diesels seemed very unreliable but petrol was a dream to drive, i am looking to fix it even with high miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links