Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selling My Iq3

KATYB

I will be sorry to see her go but needs must I need more room! My OH is working away from home more frequently and takes the bigger car.

I've popped some stuff in the for sale section if anyone is interested

Katy

A new mini there is so much more room in the new model just enough room for what I need and a useable boot when using the back seats.

Enjoy the IQ I've had three of them 😊

A new mini there is so much more room in the new model just enough room for what I need and a useable boot when using the back seats.

Enjoy the IQ I've had three of them

Nice, enjoy it!

I hope I like the iQ it will be the slowest car I've ever had?

I parted ways with my iQ3 last year after more than four years of glorious ownership. Great little car and spec.

How does the Aygo compare? Our IQ is coming up 4.5 years old and we like to have a car in manufacturers warranty and are starting to keep an eye out for alternatives.

My main concerns about the Aygo is that the outgoing model had some build quality issues which the Japanese built cars don't seem to have. What's the Aygo like? Is it built to a price or actually well put together? Can you live with that TerraHawks X on the front? What are the really great things you like about the car and what don't you like?

I drove an aygo at launch and found it tinny compared to my IQ personally I wouldn't buy one. I also think they need a bigger engine choice. My mum has an aygo and loves it! As for the X on the front I saw a black one the other day with a black X it looked much better.

Good luck with your search for a new car

• Like 1

How does the Aygo compare? Our IQ is coming up 4.5 years old and we like to have a car in manufacturers warranty and are starting to keep an eye out for alternatives.

My main concerns about the Aygo is that the outgoing model had some build quality issues which the Japanese built cars don't seem to have. What's the Aygo like? Is it built to a price or actually well put together? Can you live with that TerraHawks X on the front? What are the really great things you like about the car and what don't you like?

You can extend the Toyota warranty to 7 years I did with my Yaris covers club Toyota as well. I paid monthly and it was just under £30 a month which I thought was good as it was still with Toyota!

• Like 1

Any suggestions for a small automatic city car that uses a proper auto or cvt and not a nasty automated manual? Preferably one cheap on tax too and about £10k.

ps, I said a small city car - not a Focus or Auris. ;)

There are a few iQ registered in September for sale at the moment including with cvt with no miles. Picked mine up this morning with 40 miles on it and that's after our 15 mile road test!

I noticed last year the last of the IQ's were registered I saw a 64plate on the car park nxt to mine the other day.

Some bargains to be had as they were selling for thousands less than new with no miles on them.

I'm going to pop my IQ acsessorys on eBay if anyone is interested all as brand new.

You can extend the Toyota warranty to 7 years I did with my Yaris covers club Toyota as well. I paid monthly and it was just under £30 a month which I thought was good as it was still with Toyota!

Actually you can extend the Toyota warranty up to the car's 10th birthday - see the following extract from the Toyota website:

What is Toyota's commitment?

A Toyota Extended Warranty is substantially similar to the warranty you get with a brand new car, but it applies to the car you own already, whether you were the first owner or you bought it used. The Toyota Extended Warranty can be renewed until the vehicle is 10 years old, and if a part covered by the Toyota Extended Warranty suffers electrical or mechanical failure at any time during the term, Toyota is committed to fixing it. You don't pay for replacement parts or labour.

Is there a choice of warranties?

You have the choice of either the unlimited mileage cover or the low user option that restricts to 10,000 miles per year. You also have a choice between 12 or 24 months cover (subject to vehicle eligibility). The 24 month option will show a saving over two 12 month Toyota Extended Warranty policies and is available with the low user option at 10,000 miles per year over 24 months.

Is there a mileage restriction?

Unlike many warranty schemes, our unlimited mileage cover places no restrictions on your annual mileage unless you opt for our low mileage options. No matter how far you drive, your Authorised Toyota Service Centre will be happy to assist.

• Like 1

We had an extended warrenty on an 8 year old TOYOTA hilux a few years ago. It was bought from TOYOTA new. When the fuel gauge stopped working it went into our local dealer. When we collected the car we were presented with an invoice for nearly £80 for apparently removal of corroded nuts ! That were not covered by the extended warrenty. I complained to TOYOTA direct with no joy.

You posted the info about the 10 year warranty a bit late, I might have kept my Yaris??

Oh well the iQ will grow on me!

Well the ten year extended warranty info has been on Toyota's website for over a year.

That's why I hadn't seen it then as I extended my warranty to 7 years 2 years ago. Must say I will miss my Yaris SR it's been a great car!

We had an extended warrenty on an 8 year old TOYOTA hilux a few years ago. It was bought from TOYOTA new. When the fuel gauge stopped working it went into our local dealer. When we collected the car we were presented with an invoice for nearly £80 for apparently removal of corroded nuts ! That were not covered by the extended warrenty. I complained to TOYOTA direct with no joy.

So far we've found Toyota warranty issues as no quibble, though as the car has got older (4.5 years old), they've become a little more resistant. Your findings are my concern about extended warranties. When a car is upto 3 years old a fault is a fault, but when it's 6 or 7 it is much easy to insinuate that a part failed due to wear and tear - which is probably true. But that's also the reason you got the warranty in the first place.

We do love the IQ thought, despite its faults - uncomfortable seats, rattles etc.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links